Rappelling at Konkankada
This 3000 ft vertical fall also offers a thrilling chance of Rappelling. One can do 1800 ft rappelling at Konkankada followed by 4 hrs trek till the base village. This is a combination of thrill and bliss that every true adventurer would say ‘YES!!!’ to… Rappelling, also known as abseiling is an act of descending a mountain face by sliding down a rope, which is attached to a body harness and fastened to an overhead projection, with sufficient friction provided as to make the speed of the descent controllable.
- Type: 1800ft Rappelling, Trekking
- Place: Harishchandragad Fort, Malshej Region
- Fort Height: 4500ft
- Base village: Pachnai, Belpada
- Trekking level: Medium
- Previous Rappelling Experience is a MUST.
Day 0: Wednesday, 25th Jan 17
- Start with 10:50 pm Kasara Semi Fast Local from your respective station.
- Check the travel help section of the plan for time table of recommended train.
Day 1: Thursday, 26th Jan 17
- Meeting Point : 26th Jan 2017 Kasara Station @ 1:30 am
- Reach Base Village Pachnai by Local Jeeps
- Night Trek till Konkankada
- Have Breakfast
- Night trek to harishchandra gad, Rest till dawn,
- Wake upp call at 05:00 am, Refresh & Breakfast
- The First participant will start rappelling at 06:00 am sharp followed by rest.
- After finishing rappelling, reach Belpada,
- Lunch will be served at 1:30 pm for first half of participants.
- Those who will be reaching by night, will be served packed Lunch & Dinner.
- Travel to Kalyan by Jeep as per your arrival at Belpada village.
- Travelling from Kasara to Kalyan,
- 1 Breakfast, 1 Lunch, 1 Evening Tea
- 1800 ft Konkankada Rappelling
- Equipment and Expertise charges.
- Mineral water, Softdrinks etc.
- Medical / travel / adventure insurance
- Anything other than above mentioned inclusions
- Identity proof (Must),
- Lunch For Sunday,
- A bottle of water (Atleast 2 Ltrs),
- Good trekking shoes (must)
- Towel, Extra Pair of clothes,
- Some snacks to munch on
- A day sac to carry water and snacks while trekking
- Medicines, Personal Care stuff, Camera, Cap, etc.(Optional),
Meet-up Information/Reporting Point:
Kasara Railway Station