Kodachadri Trek with Malpe Beach
Hike up to the Kodachadri hills, nested in Western Ghats and take a jeep ride instead of descending and reach Malpe beach for some adventure and fun.
- Trek to the highest point in Shimoga District, Kodachadri peak.
- Take a jeep safari back to the campsite.
- Visit Malpe beach and try some seafood.
Situated near Tunga River, Kodachadari peak has a very soothing climate. This region was declared as a natural heritage site by the Karnataka government. This peak perched at an altitude of 1343 m is a perfect weekend getaway. Kodachadri literally means 'hill of jasmine flowers'. It has a variety of wild flowers but is dominated by the Indian jasmine.
During the trek you might come across the Malabar langoor, Malabar pied hornbill and the famous Indian rock python. On reaching the peak you will be feasted with a stunning view of the Arabian sea and Sharavati backwaters. Out here the winds are pleasant and it will soothe your stressed body and mind. Feeling the clouds and witnessing the sunrise and the sunset will make this trip special.
Day 1: An Overnight journey from Bangalore.
- The guests are requested to report at the selected pick up points by 9:00 pm.
- Meet the fellow travellers and also the guide and start the drive from Bangalore.
Day 2: Trek to Kodachadri and jeep drive back to basecamp and camping.
- Morning, we reach homestay, freshen up and have breakfast
- We start the hike to Kodachadri peak which has a dense forest in the region of Western Ghats, after grabbing the packed lunch
- Play under rejuvenating waterfalls en route, revel at one of the most beautiful natural settings as you hike up
- Reach the peak by afternoon, explore the surroundings and get the awesome sight of the valleys amidst the clouds, relax for a while
- We take a Jeep ride back to base camp
- Hot dinner will be served and feel the warmth by campfire and camp under the stars.
Day 3: Reach Malpe and visit the beach and drive back to Bangalore.
- Rise early, freshen up and have hot served breakfast and check out from the camps.
- Drive towards west coast and reach
- Play in the water, try water adventure sports at your own expenses.
- Go on a ferry ride to beautiful St Mary’s Island (If the ferry is open at the time)
- Reach back Malpe by evening, freshen up in the shower rooms
- We can try some seafood at the seashore of Malpe.
- We will start back to Bangalore and the group is expected to reach Bangalore early morning
- Transportation (from/to Bangalore)
- Service of a knowledgeable guide/host.
- All meals (2 breakfast, 1 lunch, 1 dinner)
- Jeep ride back to the campsite from Kodachadri trek.
- Accommodation at a homestay on sharing basis.
- Forest office charges and permissions.
- Campfire (weather dependent)
Why book with TRODLY
- Best Price Guarantee
- Verified customer reviews that help you make the right decision.
- Qualified operators. All partner operators selected after rigorous system of checks.
- Free Cancellation on Most Trips
- Only Best Trips - Our team of travel experts bring uniquely local, safe, and exciting experiences to the community.
- 100% Secured Payments
Meet-up Information/Reporting Point
₹ 3930 Per Person
Get trip inspirations, offers and more.