Shimoga or Shivmogga in Karnataka is an example of natural treasures untouched by humans and are famous for its stunning scenery and rich flora and fauna. Mookambika National Park and the magnificent Kodachadari peak lie in this region.
Situated near Tunga River, Kodachadari peak has a very soothing climate. This region was declared as a natural heritage site by the Karnataka government. This peak perched at an altitude of 1343 m is a perfect weekend getaway. Kodachadri literally means 'hill of jasmine flowers'. It has a variety of wild flowers but is dominated by the Indian jasmine.
During the trek you might come across the Malabar langoor, Malabar pied hornbill and the famous Indian rock python. On reaching the peak you will be feasted with a stunning view of the Arabian sea and Sharavati backwaters. Out here the winds are pleasant and it will soothe your stressed body and mind. Feeling the clouds and witnessing the sunrise and the sunset will make this trip special.
- Trek to the highest point in Shimoga District
- Shear Drop down walk towards the Kodachadri Peak
- Arabian Sea seen from the Sunset Point
- Kayaking & Campfire
Day 0: Overnight journey to Kodachadri starts from Bangalore on Friday. Trekkers are advised to have light dinner.
- 09:30 PM Pick up starts from Bangalore
Day 1: Reach Kodachadri Homestay the next morning. Fresh up, have breakfast and prepare to start the journey with packed lunch for the road.
- 06:30 AM Reach homestay
- 07:30 AM Fresh up
- 08:30 AM Have breakfast and carry packed lunch
- 09:30 AM Start Kodachadri trek
- 02:00 PM Reach peak and have packed lunch
- 02:30 PM Descend
- 06:30 PM Reach back to homestay and have tea
- 08:30 PM Enjoy campfire followed by dinner
Day 2: Wake up early to experience the ever thrilling kayaking. After the stressful paddling, return to have some hot and delicious breakfast. Fresh up, get ready and bid farewell to the homestay. Visit the Nagara Fort on way back.
- 07:30 AM Wake up and get ready
- 08:00 AM Have breakfast
- 09:00 AM Checkout from homestay and depart to Bangalore Visit Nagara Fort on the way back to Bangalore
- 07:30 PM Reach Bangalore
- Transportation (from/to Bangalore)
- Campfire (depends on weather)
- Kayaking (depends on water level)
- Breakfast on Day 1 & Day 2
- Lunch on Day 1
- Dinner on Day 1
- Accomodation in Homestay
- Visit to Nagara fort
Meet-up Information/Reporting Point
₹ 3300 Per Person