Trek to Mullayangiri which is the tallest peak in Karnataka & explore Yagachi dam & enjoy the best out of it.
- Standing tallest in the mountain range, Mullayagiri offers a stunning panoramic view of the neighboring ranges.
- There's also a small Shiva temple on the peak which adds to the trek highlights.
- Explore Buttermilk waterfalls and Yagachi dam
At an altitude of 1930 m, Mullayagiri is the highest peak in Karnataka. Mullayanagiri gets its name from the tomb of Saint Mulappa Swamy, which is at the mountain summit. Chikmagalur is at a distance of 280 kms from Bangalore.
Mullayagiri Trek is 4 km Trek and takes around 3hours to ascend. The best time to visit is post monsoon i.e. the months of September-February. It's a moderate trek and the trail lies through ridges, grasslands, and some slippery patches. The initial part of the trek is steep and exhausting. Making way through the pristine nature, there are wild bushes, flowering plants, vibrant green trees and two Nandi (bull) idols beneath trees.
On reaching the summit, you will feel like a true conqueror. Standing tallest in the mountain range, Mullayagiri offers a stunning panoramic view of the neighboring ranges. There's also a small Shiva temple on the peak which adds to the trek highlights. The apt time to plan the trek is September to February. The trekkers should be prepared for facing almost freezing winds near the top
- The guests are requested to report at the nearest pickup point by 9:30 pm (Please refer the meet up information for pick up points)
- We will take an overnight journey to Chickmagalur.
- We are estimated to reach homestay in Chikkamagaluru by 5:00 am.
- We will freshen up and have breakfast around 8:30 am and we will depart to Mullayanagiri.
- Start the trek around 10:15 am and reach the top. Explore around and visit a small temple at the top.
- The group is expected to reach the base camp by 1:30 pm and have the packed lunch.
- We will start trek to buttermilk falls by 2:30 pm. Reach the waterfall and explore.
- Visit Bababudangiri which is a pilgrimage site for both Hindus and Muslims
- We will reach back to homestay by 8:30 pm and have a hot served dinner followed by the campfire.
- Early morning, we will fresh up and have breakfast around 8:30 am.
- The group will depart to Yagachi dam and witness the backwaters.
- We will visit Belur Channakeshava temple which is in the Hoysala architecture.
- On the way, we will stop for lunch in Hassan at your own expenses.
- The group departs to Bangalore and are estimated to reach Bangalore by 6:30 pm.
- Transportation (from/to Bangalore)
- Campfire (depends on weather)
- Visit the nearby Buttermilk falls
- All meals ( 2 Breakfast, 1 Lunch, 1 Dinner)
- Accommodation in homestay
- Full refund if cancelled before* 7 days
- 50% refund if cancelled before 3 days
- No refund after that
₹ 3300 Per Person