Mullayanagiri Trek from Bangalore
Trek to Mullayangiri which is the tallest peak in Karnataka & explore Yagachi dam & enjoy the best out of it.
- Standing tallest in the mountain range, Mullayagiri offers a stunning panoramic view of the neighboring ranges.
- There's also a small Shiva temple on the peak which adds to the trek highlights.
- Explore Buttermilk waterfalls and Yagachi dam on this amazing trekking experience.
- Perfect weeekend trip package.
Trail Type: Walk along meadows and ridge with occasional steep hikes.
Difficulty: In terms of difficulty level, Mullayanagiri trek is easy.
Total Trekking Distance: 12-14 Kms Approx
At an altitude of 1930 m, Mullayanagiri is the highest peak in Karnataka. Mullayanagiri gets its name from the tomb of Saint Mulappa Swamy, which is at the mountain summit. Chikmagalur is at a distance of 280 kms from Bangalore.
Mullayanagiri Trek is 4 km long trek and takes around 3 hours to ascend. The best time to do Mullayanagiri trekking is post monsoon or summer months i.e. the months of September-April. It's a moderate trek and the trail lies through ridges, grasslands, and some slippery patches. The initial part of the trek is steep and exhausting. Making way through the pristine nature, there are wild bushes, flowering plants, vibrant green trees and two Nandi (bull) idols beneath trees.
On reaching the summit, you will feel like a true conqueror. Standing tallest in the mountain range, Mullayagiri offers a stunning panoramic view of the neighboring ranges. There's also a small Shiva temple on the peak which adds to the trek highlights. The apt time to plan the trek is September to February. The trekkers should be prepared for facing almost freezing winds near the top
Mullayanagiri Trek Itinerary
- The guests are requested to report at the nearest pickup point by 9:30 pm (Please refer the meet up information for pick up points)
- We will take an overnight journey to Chickmagalur.
- We are estimated to reach home-stay in Chikkamagaluru by 5:00 am in morning.
- We will freshen up and have breakfast around 8:30 am and we will depart to Mullayanagiri.
- Start the trek on our route around 10:15 am from the starting point and reach the top by noon. Explore around and visit a small temple at the top.
- The group is expected to reach the base camp by 1:30 pm and have the packed lunch.
- We will start trek to Buttermilk falls by 2:30 pm. Reach the waterfall and explore around.
- Visit Bababudangiri which is a pilgrimage site for both Hindus and Muslims
- We will reach back to homestay by 8:30 pm and have a hot served dinner followed by the campfire.
- Early morning, we will fresh up and have breakfast around 8:30 am.
- The group will depart to Yagachi dam and witness the backwaters.
- We will visit Belur Channakeshava temple which is in the Hoysala architecture.
- On the way, we will stop for lunch in Hassan at your own expenses.
- The group departs to Bangalore and are estimated to reach Bangalore by 6:30 pm.
- Transportation (from/to Bangalore)
- Campfire (depends on weather)
- Visit the nearby Buttermilk falls
- All meals ( 2 Breakfast, 1 Lunch, 1 Dinner)
- Accommodation in homestay
Why book with TRODLY
- Best Price Guarantee
- Verified customer reviews that help you make the right decision.
- Qualified operators. All partner operators selected after rigorous system of checks.
- Free Cancellation on Most Trips
- Only Best Trips - Our team of travel experts bring uniquely local, safe, and exciting experiences to the community.
- 100% Secured Payments
- Full refund if cancelled before* 7 days
- 50% refund if cancelled before 3 days
- No refund after that
₹ 3300 Per Person