Bhutan Biking Trip
9 Nights/10 Days
8 to 20 people
English, Hindi, Dzongkha (Bhutanese)
Bhutanese way of life is unique due to its unique culture and religion. Life around a Bhutanese revolves around their religion: Buddhism. You get to see that people co-exist with all other sentient beings in peace and harmony with care and love to its surrounding, animals, plants and environment.
This tours gives you access to the lifestyle of Bhutanese people and their way of life and daily living. You get to share a night with them and interact with them at the most natural environment. Their warm welcome with traditional tea and offerings will leave you thoughtless. You can witness their daily life and unique lifestyle and know a lot on how a life in the Himalayas is lived.
Most important contribution you do with this tour is, you are giving them some income from your stay with them. So, you are contributing towards to their welfare and above all, community welfare.
- Conquer the two passes along the way. Chele La and Dochula
- Visit Taktshang monastery famously known as Tiger’s Nest.
- “Phobjikha” the mini Switzerland in Bhutan.
- Farm house stay at 3 locations.
- Hot stone bath at Paro.
- Experience the cultures of Bhutan.
- Local Bhutanese staff to assist you during the tenure of the trip.
- Carefully crafted itinerary giving us appropriate time to keep our mind and body relaxed and acclimatized to enjoy this beautiful and long journey to the fullest and to experience local delicacies and culture even better.
Day 1: Arrive at Siliguri
We welcome you to Siliguri. Check into the specified Hotel. Riders will be given briefing about the trip in the evening. You will be briefed about the route plan and the rules and regulations to be followed during the entire duration of the trip in Bhutan. Overnight stay at Hotel.
Day 2: Siliguri to Phuentsholing (160 Kms)
After early breakfast we start our journey towards the twin border towns of Jaigaon/ Phuentsholing. We will Process for Visa/Route Permit which will take up to 3-4 hrs. based on the number of people present there at the given time. Check-in at Hotel and freshen up after the permit has been issued. Local sightseeing. Night halt in Jaigaon.
Day 3: Phuentsholing to Haa (215 Kms)
After breakfast, proceed towards Haa. Haa is a beautiful valley in western part of Bhutan and its green and picturesque beauty will mesmerize you. Check in at the farmhouse. You get to witness the typical Bhutanese house, which is mostly 2 storied or 3 storied. Its design and architecture is very unique and beautifully painted and decorated from outside. Freshen up and your travel guide will give you a small familiarization talk on the ways of Bhutan and the Bhutanese people so as to make you more aware and feel more at home, though away from home.
A brief sightseeing in Haa and a beautiful short nature hike that gives a beautiful view of Haa valley. Stroll in Haa town and return back to Farmhouse to join the hosting family. You can observe how they prepare the dishes using fresh and organic vegetables from the gardens in the backyard. Start a chat with them as they can communicate in English and Hindi up to an extent. A relaxed evening by the ‘Bukhari’ or the burning furnace that burns wood to provide warmth in the room. Followed by a sumptuous Bhutanese dinner. Good night rest for an exciting tomorrow. Night halt in Haa.
Day 4: Move to Paro (70 Kms)
After breakfast, drive back to Paro via Chele La Pass and check-in at the farmhouse in Paro. In Paro, you will come across a little different custom as the people of Haa and Paro has different customs. Enroute stop at Chele La Pass that divides Paro from Haa. On a clear day you get to see the beautiful Mt. Jhomolhari and Mt. Jichu Drackey. Nice place for some photography.
Hike to Tigers Nest (Taktshang) after a refreshing cup of Tea/snacks and enjoy the thrilling, enchanting and out of the world feeling when you reach one of the most famous site in world.
Visit the revered Taktshang monastery and partake in prostrations. Get blessings and descend down. Spend the rest of the day in sightseeing. . Visit Kyichu Monastery and Drugyel Dzong.
Then visit Rinpung dzong and the National Museum (Taa dzong). Spend a relaxing evening in Paro with a warm hot stone bath: complimentary from us to relax you from the hike and muscle stress. Spend a nice evening and have a peaceful sleep. Night halt in Paro.
Day 5: Paro to Thimpu (60 Kms)
Post breakfast, we move to the capital city of Thimpu. Today, you will be visiting many interesting and insightful places in and around Thimphu. Your guide will enlighten you on the history behind each of the places you will be visiting and their significance in Bhutan. Our guide will guide you as and when required and most of the time, let you to explore and discover on your own pace and time during which you can interact with people and venture around. Almost all of the middle age and young population of Bhutan speak English.
After Lunch, drive to nearby Tango & Cherry monastery, built on a hill where monks meditate and there is a school of Buddhism as well. Stroll in Thimphu streets in the evening where you can shop or just spend some quality time in Clock Tower, where you get to see and meet people of Thimphu coming in for a stroll or just to catch up after a day at their workplace. Diverse eateries and cafeterias are setup around this place. Night halt in Thimphu.
Day 6: Thimpu to Phobjikha (170 Kms)
Move to Phobjikha via Wangdue and check-in at your farmhouse stay. Phobjikha is very beautiful valley almost like mini Switzerland. It is just below Gangtey and Gantey Goempa which is famous for the migratory Black Necked Crane that flies in from China in winter. These birds are endangered and are very less in number and in few hundreds in the world. If you are travelling in the month of Oct, Nov, Dec then you get to witness these majestic birds.
A warm Bhutanese tea and snacks to refresh you. After lunch, set out to visit the Gangtey Goempa, which is the seat of the famous treasure discoverer (Terton) Pema Lingpa. He is the treasure discoverer of Guru Rinpoche when Guru in 8th century, hid many scriptures and treasure for the benefit of all sentient beings for it to be discovered later at the right time .
Then visit the Black Necked Crane Center and get to know all about these beautiful birds.
Return back to the farmhouse where delicious dinner awaits you. You can see the unique design and architecture of the farmhouse and mingle with the local ever smiling and humble Bhutanese of Phobjikha.
Day 7: Phobjikha to Damphu (150Kms)
After breakfast proceed towards Damphu. The Road conditions are not that good along this stretch towards Wangdue. After that good tarmac road is laid till Damphu. Explore the beauty of this Himalayan village in the evening. Night halt at Damphu.
Day 8: Damphu to Jaigaon (290 Kms)
Today, you will be visiting many interesting and insightful places in and around Damphu. Your guide will enlighten you on the history behind each of the places you will be visiting and their significance in Bhutan. We start our journey towards the border town of Gelephu where we will halt for lunch.
After Lunch, drive along the plains of Assam to enter West Bengal to reach the border town of Jaigaon. Night halt at Jaigaon.
Day 9: Jaigaon to Siliguri (160 kms)
A long ride awaits today. After breakfast, drive to Siliguri which ends our adventurous trip.
Day 10: Departure
Departure from Siliguri for onwards journey.
- Meal Plan MAP. (8 Breakfast, 6 Dinner)
- Accommodation in Hotels, Lodges, and Farm stays on Double/Triple Sharing Basis
- Royal Enfield (350cc) Bike or SUV Seat as chosen
- Fuel for bike
- First Aid Kit
- Backup Vehicle from Phuentsholing to Phuentsholing
- Tour Guide all along the trip
- Insurance cover during the tenure of the trip
- Farm Stays
- Takhtshang Entry fee
- Entry Permits and Bike permits
- Complimentary Bhutanese SIM card (Tashi Cell)
- Parking charges of any kind will be excluded
- Lunch not included
- Dinner at Paro and Thimphu will be excluded, so that you can taste the local Cuisines
- Personal expense of any kind
- Anything not mentioned in the "Inclusion" section
- Refundable security deposit of 20,000 will be charged at the start of the trip by the Bike Vendor which will be returned at the end of the trip.
- Rider will be charged extra for the spare parts such as clutch wire/plates, chain links, Engine Oil if used during the trip, although our mechanic will be carrying necessary spare parts along.
- If the rider leaves the bike in between the trip then he/she will have to bear the standard transportation charges for the bike.
- Cancellation 30 days prior to the trip- 100% return.
- Cancellation 15 days prior to the trip- 50% return.
- Cancellation less than 15 days prior to the trip- No Refund.
- Cancellation policy in case of inclement weather:-
In case of rough weather, operator has the full discretion, whether to go ahead with the trip/expedition or not. In case of cancellation due to rough weather, we will provide you with an alternate trip. The dates and the cost of trip may vary. In such cases following will apply:-
- Cost of alternate trip > Cost of booked trip: Customer has to pay extra difference in cost
- Cost of alternate trip < Cost of booked trip: Customer will be paid back the extra difference in cost.
- In case operator is unable to find a replacement for the trip, customer will get the full refund.