About Himalaya Shelter
We are group of Himalaya lovers - all paharis from Garhwal. Having gained enough technical and field knowledge by working in private outdoor companies we began as a mission to provide an experience that is as real and with minimum impact on the environment.
Our team comprises of mountain guides who have done their basic course on mountaineering from the reputed Nehru Institute of Mountaineering (Uttarkashi). Notable among them is Bachan Singh Rana. He belongs to OSLA village in the western Garhwal Himalayas and has a cumulative experience of 12 years working in this field as a mountain guide with Great Indian Outdoors. He has accomplished many treks all over the Uttarakhand, Himachal and Ladakh Himalayas. His notable achievements are Kalindi khal trek in 2006 and Rataban Glacier in 2011. He is a skilled rafting guide and his kayaking experience is more than 15 years. He has rafted down most of the north Indian rivers like the Ganga, Yamuna, kali, tons, alakhnanda, Mandakini, Indus, Zaskar, Brahmaputra and spiti.
His credentials are listed below
- Basic Course in Mountaineering from Nehru Institute of Mountaineering, Uttarkashi
- Advance Course in Mountaineering from Nehru Institute of Mountaineering
- Basic First Aid and CPR course conducted by Medic First Aid intl Inc.
- Rescue 3 Intl. white water rescue course
- Indian Red Cross Society First Aid course
- Wilderness First Aid Course from the National Outdoor Learning School Wilderness Medicine Institute
The rest of our team is a mixed lot of nature lovers, enthusiasts, cooks and porters who can be a good teachers and conversationalists too.