Rajmachi Village has two forts, which were built by Shivaji Emperor during 17th century. It is a famous spot for trekking. It is a 16 km trekking distance from Lonavala Station. Rajmachi fort is a strategic fort overlooking Borghat, which was a historical trade route. Rajmachi peak has two fortified structures - the Shrivardhan fort and Manoranjan fort.
Rajmachi and Kondane Caves Night Trek
Day 0: Saturday Evening
17:30 Auto rickshaw ride from Lonavala ST bus depot till Tungarli dam base.
18:00 Tungarli Dam
18:30 Walk/Hike from Tungarli Dam to Rajmachi - 4hrs/17 kms max.
22:00 Reach base village.
Day 1: Sunday
06:30 Wake Up
08:00 Manoranjan fort and Shrivardhan fort exploration.
13:30 Descend from Rajmachi to Kondane (3 hrs.)
16:00 Kondane caves
17:00 Kondane village
18:30 Karjat Railway station
Suggested train to board is the 11009/Mumbai CST-Sinhagad Express, timings are:
- 14:30 CST
- 14:40 Dadar
- 15:08 Thane
- 15:28 Kalyan
- 16:08 Karjat
- 17:08 Lonavala.
- Travel cost from Lonavala to Tungarli dam base on Saturday,
- 1 Veg Dinner, Breakfast, 1 Veg Lunch.
- Trek Leader
- Villager House Homestay Dormitory
- Travel cost from Mumbai to Lonavala / Karjat and back.
- Mineral Water; Beverages.
- All kinds of Extra Meals / soft drinks ordered
- Food/Tea purchase while travelling to site and back.
- Any medical / Emergency evacuations if required.
- Insurance, tips, Porters
- Any kind of personal expenses.
- Any kind of cost which is not mentioned in the cost includes above.
- All expenses incurred due to unforeseen and unavoidable circumstances like road blocks, bad weather.
- Smoking and drinking alcohol is strictly prohibited.
- Trek leader’s decision will be final and binding.
- TreksandTrails reserves all the right to change/deviate/cancel the plans without prior notice.
- Telephonic confirmation is mandatory, if unable to contact us, please send us a text message.
- Sleeveless, low neck, figure hugging shirts/tops, short pants, hot pants not allowed.
- Please do not carry handbags or jolas or sling bags.
Things to carry for Rajmachi and Kondane Caves Night Trek:
Haversack to keep hands free, water bottle 3lts. One extra pair of clothes. Ready to eat food – dry ration, like plum cakes, chocolate bar, some snacks & biscuits etc. Electoral or GluconD powder. Sleeping bag, carry mat. Personal medicine prescribed by family doctor. Sweaters if required. Please do not carry handbags or jolas for this trek. Wear good trekking shoes. Torch with extra an set of batteries, headlamp. Bed sheets; please carry your personal tea mugs, spoon and a small Swiss-knife, plate, spoon, tea mug.
- 75% refund if cancellation is made more than 45 days and less than 60 days prior to the departure date of the event.
- 50% refund if cancellation is made more than 30 days and less than 45 days prior to the departure date of the event.
- 25% refund if cancellation is made more than 15 days and less than 30 days prior to the departure date of the event.
- NO refund will be made if cancellation is made within 15 days prior to the departure date of the event.
Meet-up Information/Reporting Point:
17:15 Hrs. (sharp) at Lonavala Railway station