Valley of Flowers and Hemkund Trek
Located in the Devbhumi (Land of Gods), Uttarkhand - The Valley of Flowers Trek is the perfect monsoon trek when the valley is in full bloom. The Valley of Flowers nestled in the midst of high Himalayan peaks gets painted with a hundred different colours during the monsoon season!
At just over 15,000 feet, the Valley of Flowers Trek is well suited for even beginner level trekkers. The trek begins at Govind Ghat, a quaint little town in Uttarakhand. From there, trekkers ascend to Ghangaria, a small hill village. Then, finally, from there, one can begin the trek up to the Valley of Flowers. En route to the Valley of Flowers, trekkers can stop at Hemkund, where a Gurudawara and a Laxman temple attract Sikh and Hindu pilgrims from all over India.
The blue Primula flower, especially, can be found in abundance in the Valley of Flowers. With innumerable species of flowers, each boasting a bright, different shade of colour, the entire Valley seems to be covered in a carpet of blue, yellow, red, and green. Throughout the walk, the Himalayan Mountain ranges tower magnificently over the Valley and the clear waters of the Alaknanda River sparkle in the early morning light.
The Valley of Flowers Trek promises to be rejuvenating for the spirit and a feast for the eyes.
- Experience the vivid flora only found during Monsoons in Valley of Flowers
Day 1: Haridwar - Govind Ghat | 300 Kms Drive
Start in the morning from Haridwar and drive towards Govind Ghat. We stop en-route for Lunch and continue our drive towards Govind Ghat, which we reach by late evening.
Day 2: Govind Ghat - Ghangaria | 13 kms Trek - 7 Hours
After breakfast we start our roughly 11km trek to Ghangaria. Ghangaria acts as the base camp for both Hemkund Sahib and Valley of Flowers. There are plenty of tea-houses in Govind Ghat. Trail from Govind Ghat to Ghangaria is kept pretty clean and free of any litter, thanks to volunteers from Gurudwara. The Gurudwara at Ghangaria offers free accommodation and food for all.
Day 3: Ghangria (9,843 ft) to Valley of Flowers (11,483 ft) Day Hike | 11 Kms Trek - 6 Hours
We leave early today so we get enough time to spend in the valley. The valley is spread with numerous exotic flowers and flora. Once inside the Valley of Flowers, you would hardly notice any people around you in the midst of this beautiful place. After spending decent amount of time in the valley, we return to Ghangria for the night stay.
Day 4: Ghangria (9,843 ft) to Hemkund Sahib (14,107 ft) Day Hike | 11 Kms Trek - 7 Hours
Early in the morning we start our trek towards Hemkund Sahib, the highest Gurudwara in the world at over 15,000 ft. of elevation. After visiting the Hemkund Sahib Gurudwara and exploring the area, we start our trek back to Ghangria and reach by early evening.
Day 5: Ghangaria - Govind Ghat | 13 kms Trek - 7 Hours
On final day of trekking, we trek to Govindghat and check-in into the Guest-house.
Day 6: Govind Ghat - Haridwar | 300 Kms Drive
After morning breakfast we drive to Haridwar.
- Shared Travel from Haridwar-Govind Ghat -Haridwar
- All Veg-Meals (Govindghat to Govindghat)
- Stay on Triple / Quad Sharing basis
- Gear + Guide + Snackpack
- Entry Ticket to Valley of Flowers
- Travel from Delhi-Haridwar-Delhi
- Enroute Meals During Travel from Delhi-Govindghat-Delhi
- Porters for personal stuff
- Toll + Taxes
- No Camping is allowed in VoF
- No bonfire during this trip
- Stay on triple / Quad sharing Basis depending on the number of pax and availability of rooms
- Travel on Shared Cab / Tempo Traveller / Bus
- Shared Transport will not be available if you plan to go Badrinath / Mana / Joshimath / Auli
- Max group size 20
Things To Carry
- Woolen cap
- Socks(2 pairs)
- Thermal wear(1-2 pairs)
- Trekking shoes
- Snow gloves/normal gloves
- Sun glasses/goggles
- Lunch box, water bottle, spoon
- Sun-cream lotion.
- Personal medication
- Torch and batteries
- Ruck Sack bag
- Glucon D and Mycoderm powder
- 100% refund if cancelled before 30 days
- 75% refund if cancelled before 15 days
- 50% refund if cancelled before 7 days
- No refund after that
Meet-up Information/Reporting Point: