Kolkata Sightseeing Day Tour
Discover Kolkata's famous attractions, magnificent architecture and historic monuments on this private 8-hour Kolkata city tour.
- Discover historic Kolkata, while all the hassles of your tour are taken care of.
- Kolkata's Colonial Architecture in monuments like Victoria Memorial.
- Service of a well-trained driver and a comfortable vehicle to take your around the iconic places of 'City of Joy'.
- No haggling over the fare and parking charges.
Kolkata (earlier known as Calcutta) is the capital of West Bengal and a major hub of East India. At one time Kolkata was the British capital in India and thereby had been greatly influenced by it. British style lamp posts and the yellow ambassador taxis that throng the streets are evidence to this. Commonly known as 'City of Joy', Kolkata is known for welcoming locals, street food, culture, literature and most importantly sweets.
- This tour starts with a pick-up from your hotel or given address and covers all major tourist attractions in Kolkata.
- You will be visiting the following places on this tour:
- Princep Ghat: Built-in 1841 during the British Raj, on the banks of the Hooghly River. The Palladian porch in the memory of the eminent Anglo-Indian scholar and antiquary James Prinsep.
- Victoria Memorial: The most celebrated structure of the city, the Victoria Memorial. This architectural gem built in marble is a great place to experience the essence of Victorian-era.
- St. Paul’s Cathedral: The seat of the Diocese of Calcutta, this iconic structure was built in the year of 1847.
- The Mother House of the Missionaries of Charity: The memorial and the house of Nobel Prize awardee Mother Teresa.
- You may halt at the most happening part of the city the Park Street for lunch.
- Post which you will visit:
- Eden Gardens: This iconic cricket ground was built in the year of 1864 and has a seating capacity of 68,000.
- Marble Palace: Built in the year of 1835 by Raja Rajendra Mullick, this place is a gem of 19th-century and is also maintained till date as it stands tall. One can find several antiques and other interesting collections in this mansion.
- Howrah Bridge: One of the landmarks of the city, this suspended bridge connects Howrah and Kolkata.
- After the completion of your tour, you will be dropped back at your hotel/residence in Kolkata city limits.
- All transportation using private air-conditioned Sedan Car or SUV with the driver.
- Pickup and drop-off in Kolkata hotel or residence.
- Driver and fuel charges.
- All toll charges.
- 8 hours of vehicle usage.
Why book with TRODLY
- Best Price Guarantee
- Verified customer reviews that help you make the right decision.
- Qualified operators. All partner operators selected after rigorous system of checks.
- Free Cancellation on Most Trips
- Only Best Trips - Our team of travel experts bring uniquely local, safe, and exciting experiences to the community.
- 100% Secured Payments
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
The itinerary mentioned on these private tours are a suggestion for your destination. You are free to skip or add other points. Let your personal driver know if you want to visit other places.
As this is a private tour, you are free to spend as much time you seem fit on each attraction. Some landmarks are more time-consuming than others and you can decide where to spend how much time. Just keep in mind the hourly usage included in your Tour, extra charges would apply if that limit is exceeded. Also night charges apply if you cross night time, please check Inclusions/Exclusions/Important Info for details.
We have two options Sedans & bigger SUVs. In Sedans we provide Suzuki Dzire, Toyota Etios mostly, sometimes it could be Nissan Sunny. In SUVs we provide Toyotta Innova, Mahindra Xylo, Suzuki Ertiga. You can request a particular model while booking in \'Special Request\' and we try to provide it however you can not pick and choose exact car models. We operate only AC vehicles and hatchbacks are not available.
No. All our tours are private and exclusively for your family or group.
Yes, all sightseeing tours need to be booked in advance. Tours often sell out so we suggest booking early to guarantee your desired tour day. Bookings are completely online and you can book on Website or Mobile app.
Meet-up Information/Reporting Point
₹ 1550 Per Vehicle
Get trip inspirations, offers and more.