Shantiniketan Day Trip from Kolkata
The home of Rabindranath Tagore "The Bard of Bengal", the famous poet, and Nobel Prize winner. Shantiniketan is considered as a must visit on a trip to Kolkata.
- Take a tour of Shantiniketan and explore what one of the best poets of India has left behind.
- Visit places like the Vishwa-Bharati University, Tagore's Ashrama, Chattimtala and many more during this tour.
- Service of an experienced driver and a well-maintained car.
Shantiniketan is the home to Rabindranath Tagore, the one whose contribution to Bengali literature is undeniably the greatest and also he is the one who has written the national anthem of India. Shantiniketan house the Vishwa-Bharati University which has several complexes of fine arts training and literature of several regions of the world. Shantiniketan also has complexes which were established by Tagore's father Maharishi Devendranath Tagore. Overall this tour will give you a chance to understand the philosophies of the "Bard of Bengal" and explore the rich heritage he has left behind.
- The tour starts with your pick up from the hotel/residence at a time selected during the booking.
- The drive to Shantiniketan from the city of Kolkata is about 130 kilometres and may take up to 3.5 hours.
- Once in Shantiniketan, visit the Vishwa-Bharati University, there are several complexes in the university and as cars are not allowed inside so the guests will have to walk on foot or take a local rickshaw to cover the area.
- The names of few of the complexes are as follows:
- Cheena Bhavana (Chinese study centre)
- Hindi Bhavana (Hindi study centre)
- Nippon Bhavana (Indo-Japanese studies)
- Kala Bhavana, the college of fine arts and crafts and houses a museum exhibiting sculptures, frescoes and murals and a library of art books
- Sangeet Bhavana (College of music and dance) and many more.
- The university visiting hours are winters: 2:00 pm till 4:30 pm and in summers it is 2:30 pm till 5:30 pm and during vacations it is 7:30 am till 11:00 am.
- After the university tour, visit the Tagore' Ashram which was built by Rabindranath Tagore's father.
- Amar Kutir, a major attraction in Shantiniketan is located in the vicinity of the Vishwa-Bharati university.
- It displays several locally made handicrafts, which include leather printed bags, printed cloth etc.
- Visit the Rabindra Bhavan Museum built in the year of 1961, this houses original manuscripts, letters, paintings by Tagore.
- Chattimtala is also a popular place in Shantiniketan, this is where Tagore's father Devendranath Tagore used to meditate.
- You may also visit the Deer Park which is a lush green piece of land and is the home to several numbers of deer and birds.
- If you have planned your trip on a Saturday, you may have a chance to witness the Khoai Mela where artisans from nearby places gather to sell several household artefacts, clothes, handicrafts.
- On completion of the tour, start your journey back to Kolkata and get dropped to your hotel/residence.
- Hotel pickup and drop (within city limits)
- Charges for the private air-conditioned cab
- The driver and fuel charges
- Usage of the vehicle for 300 kilometres as per the itinerary
Why book with TRODLY
- Best Price Guarantee
- Verified customer reviews that help you make the right decision.
- Qualified operators. All partner operators selected after rigorous system of checks.
- Free Cancellation on Most Trips
- Only Best Trips - Our team of travel experts bring uniquely local, safe, and exciting experiences to the community.
- 100% Secured Payments
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
We have two options Sedans & bigger SUVs. In Sedans we provide Suzuki Dzire, Toyota Etios mostly, sometimes it could be Nissan Sunny. In SUVs we provide Toyotta Innova, Mahindra Xylo, Suzuki Ertiga. You can request a particular model while booking in \'Special Request\' and we try to provide it however you can not pick and choose exact car models. We operate only AC vehicles and hatchbacks are not available.
76 travellers found this helpful
Yes, all sightseeing tours need to be booked in advance. Tours often sell out so we suggest booking early to guarantee your desired tour day. Bookings are completely online and you can book on Website or Mobile app.
84 travellers found this helpful
No. All our tours are private and exclusively for your family or group.
6 travellers found this helpful
You need to book online from this page. We accept only online bookings. Booking is confirmed instantly through SMS and Email. Driver & Cab details are automatically sent on SMS/Email/Mobile App 3-6 hours before pick-up time.
5 travellers found this helpful
Meet-up Information/Reporting Point
₹ 5390 Per Vehicle