Kamarpukur and Jairambati Day Tour from Kolkata
Two of the most iconic places of West Bengal, Kamarpukur the birthplace of the saint-philosopher Sri Sri Ramakrishna and Joyrambati, the humble village in which the Holy Mother Sri Sarada Devi was born.
- Explore Kamarpukur and Joyrambati on a day tour.
- A perfect weekend getaway from the hustle-bustle of the 'City of Joy'.
- Visit places like the birthplace of saint Sri Ramakrishna Paramhansa and the Holy Mother Sri Sarada Devi.
- Service of an experienced driver and a well-maintained vehicle.
For any specific queries, click on the 'Chat' button or WhatsApp Click here
Kamarpukur is a small village which is situated in the Arambagh subdivision of West Bengal. It is the birthplace of Sri Ramakrishna Paramhansa Dev, which makes it a frequent visit of his devotees and followers. The Ramakrishna Math and Ramakrishna Mission was established here in the year 1951. A number of ponds, tanks and old buildings and dilapidated temples still bear witness to its old glory.
On the other hand, Joyrambati is the birthplace of Sri Ramakrishna's beloved wife Holy Mother Sarada Devi, it is a small village in the Bishnupur sub-division of West Bengal. The village, surrounded on all sides by green pastures, untrimmed meadows, trees, and shrubs, has a rural atmosphere.
- The tour starts with your pick up from the hotel/residence in Kolkata city limits (select the pick-up time when booking).
- The drive to Kamarpukur is about 100 kilometres from Kolkata and may take up to 3 hours.
- Once in Kamarpukur, visit the Sri Ramakrishna Math which is open from 4:30 am to 11:30 am and 3:30 pm to 8:30 pm.
- Visit the temple inside the math and then proceed to the house of Sri Ramakrishna.
- The math houses the Shiva temple, now name as Yogi's Shiva Temple since it was the worship place for Sri Ramakrishna.
- Proceed to Budhui Moral and Bhutir Khal, the cremation grounds where Sri Ramakrishna carried out spiritual ceremonies.
- Once the temple closes for the afternoon break at 11:30 am, you may break for an early lunch as well.
- Check out the sales outlet for religious books and cottage industry products.
- After Sri Ramakrishna Math, drive from Kamarpukur to Joyrambati.
- The drive to Joyrambati is approximately 6 kilometres and may just take 15 to 20 minutes.
- The town is famous for Bengali sweet shops still churning out the century’s old Bengali sweets like Jalebi, Rosogolla, Kalojam, Ladykane etc.
- Visit the Sri Matri Mandir in Joyrambati, established on the birthplace of Holy Mother Sarada Devi, wife of Sri Ramakrishna.
- The temple remains open from 5:30 am to 11:30 am and from 4:00 pm to 8:30 pm during April to September and from 6:00 am to 11:30 am and again from 3:30 pm to 8:00 pm during October to March.
- This village also hosts another temple of Vivekananda monks and the orphanage school for boys that the monks operate.
- At the completion of Joyrambati tour, start your return journey to Kolkata and get dropped at your hotel/residence in the city limits.
- This is not a guided tour, the driver will not be the guide for the tour.
- This is an outstation tour hence the vehicle can not be used for the local city tour.
- Hotel pickup and drop (within city limits).
- Charges for the private air-conditioned cab.
- The driver and fuel charges.
- Usage of the vehicle for up to 250 kilometres as per the itinerary (Extra kilometre charges will be applicable after the limit, please refer Important Information Section for details).
Why book with TRODLY
- Best Price Guarantee
- Verified customer reviews that help you make the right decision.
- Qualified operators. All partner operators selected after rigorous system of checks.
- Free Cancellation on Most Trips
- Only Best Trips - Our team of travel experts bring uniquely local, safe, and exciting experiences to the community.
- 100% Secured Payments
- Full refund if cancelled before* 48 hour
- 50% refund if cancelled before 24 hour
- No refund after that
Meet-up Information/Reporting Point
₹ 4220 Per Vehicle
Get trip inspirations, offers and more.