Day Tour of Kamarpukur and Jairambati from Kolkata
Two of the most iconic places of West Bengal, Kamarpukur the birthplace of the saint-philosopher Sri Sri Ramakrishna and Joyrambati, the humble village in which the Holy Mother Sri Sarada Devi was born.
- Explore Kamarpukur and Joyrambati on a day tour.
- A perfect weekend getaway from the hustle-bustle of the 'City of Joy'.
- Visit places like the birthplace of saint Sri Ramakrishna Paramhansa and the Holy Mother Sri Sarada Devi.
- Service of an experienced driver and a well-maintained vehicle.
Kamarpukur is a small village which is situated in the Arambagh subdivision of West Bengal. It is the birthplace of Sri Ramakrishna Paramhansa Dev, which makes it a frequent visit of his devotees and followers. The Ramakrishna Math and Ramakrishna Mission was established here in the year 1951. A number of ponds, tanks and old buildings and dilapidated temples still bear witness to its old glory.
On the other hand, Joyrambati is the birthplace of Sri Ramakrishna's beloved wife Holy Mother Sarada Devi, it is a small village in the Bishnupur sub-division of West Bengal. The village, surrounded on all sides by green pastures, untrimmed meadows, trees, and shrubs, has a rural atmosphere.
- The tour starts with your pick up from the hotel/residence in Kolkata city limits (select the pick-up time when booking).
- The drive to Kamarpukur is about 100 kilometres from Kolkata and may take up to 3 hours.
- Once in Kamarpukur, visit the Sri Ramakrishna Math which is open from 4:30 am to 11:30 am and 3:30 pm to 8:30 pm.
- Visit the temple inside the math and then proceed to the house of Sri Ramakrishna.
- The math houses the Shiva temple, now name as Yogi's Shiva Temple since it was the worship place for Sri Ramakrishna.
- Proceed to Budhui Moral and Bhutir Khal, the cremation grounds where Sri Ramakrishna carried out spiritual ceremonies.
- Once the temple closes for the afternoon break at 11:30 am, you may break for an early lunch as well.
- Check out the sales outlet for religious books and cottage industry products.
- After Sri Ramakrishna Math, drive from Kamarpukur to Joyrambati.
- The drive to Joyrambati is approximately 6 kilometres and may just take 15 to 20 minutes.
- The town is famous for Bengali sweet shops still churning out the century’s old Bengali sweets like Jelabi, Rosogolla, Kalojam, Ladykane etc.
- Visit the Sri Matri Mandir in Joyrambati, established on the birthplace of Holy Mother Sarada Devi, wife of Sri Ramakrishna.
- The temple remains open from 5:30 am to 11:30 am and from 4:00 pm to 8:30 pm during April to September and from 6:00 am to 11:30 am and again from 3:30 pm to 8:00 pm during October to March.
- This village also hosts another temple of Vivekananda monks and the orphanage school for boys that the monks operate.
- At the completion of Joyrambati tour, start your return journey to Kolkata and get dropped at your hotel/residence in the city limits.
- Hotel pickup and drop (within city limits)
- Charges for the private air-conditioned cab
- The driver and fuel charges
- Usage of the vehicle for 250 kilometres as per the itinerary
Why book with TRODLY
- Best Price Guarantee
- Verified customer reviews that help you make the right decision.
- Qualified operators. All partner operators selected after rigorous system of checks.
- Free Cancellation on Most Trips
- Only Best Trips - Our team of travel experts bring uniquely local, safe, and exciting experiences to the community.
- 100% Secured Payments
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
We have two options Sedans & bigger SUVs. In Sedans we provide Suzuki Dzire, Toyota Etios mostly, sometimes it could be Nissan Sunny. In SUVs we provide Toyotta Innova, Mahindra Xylo, Suzuki Ertiga. You can request a particular model while booking in \'Special Request\' and we try to provide it however you can not pick and choose exact car models. We operate only AC vehicles and hatchbacks are not available.
76 travellers found this helpful
Yes, all sightseeing tours need to be booked in advance. Tours often sell out so we suggest booking early to guarantee your desired tour day. Bookings are completely online and you can book on Website or Mobile app.
84 travellers found this helpful
No. All our tours are private and exclusively for your family or group.
6 travellers found this helpful
You need to book online from this page. We accept only online bookings. Booking is confirmed instantly through SMS and Email. Driver & Cab details are automatically sent on SMS/Email/Mobile App 3-6 hours before pick-up time.
5 travellers found this helpful
Meet-up Information/Reporting Point
₹ 4490 Per Vehicle