Chennai Sightseeing Full Day Tour
Marvel at Chennai's rich culture and history in this full day Chennai sightseeing tour and visit its iconic landmarks and experience cities art and architecture at heritage sites.
Chennai Sightseeing Tour Highlights
- A comprehensive tour of Chennai city, get a more personal experience of the busy South Indian city
- See the most important and beautiful places of Chennai with convenient pick-up from Chennai hotel or residence
- Visit attractions like the Fort Saint George, Burma Bazaar, Government museum and many more during this tour
- Travel around in Chennai with an experienced chauffeur in the comfort of a private car
- Service of an experienced driver to drive you around Chennai
Chennai Sightseeing Tour Overview
Chennai, known for its rich culture and historical past, is one of the best places to visit and explore in South India. Chennai or Madras as it was formerly known is great holiday destination and a gateway to South India making it one of the most visited cities in India by foreign tourists. It is popular for its trades and industries since the city is the capital of Tamil Nadu.
Chennai is a booming tourist city for the places like Marina beach, Besant Nagar Beach and the Valluvar Kottam monument, dedicated to the famous 2,000 years old, Tamil poet and Saint, Thiruvalluvar! It is fascinating to see population escalating to cosmopolitan life, simultaneously the orthodox following their tradition for generations.
If you’re a foodie then you must visit Chennai for varieties of food and cuisines of different states and countries! Also, shopping at local flea markets to huge bazaars like Burma bazaars will give you a great chance to interact and socialize with the locals. Chennai has some nice beaches, Marina beach being more popular of two famous beaches in Chennai, the other being Elliot's beach or Beasant Nagar beach.
Chennai Tour Itinerary
- Your tour will begin with a pick up from your hotel/residence in Chennai city limits.
- Post pick up you may choose to visit the following suggested places:
- Fort St. George: Fort St George is the 17th-century fort built by British in the city of Madras, the modern city of Chennai. The building now houses Tamil Nadu state legislative assembly. It is still a good place to visit in Chennai sightseeing places. (Timings - 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM, Entrance Charges- Rs. 5 per person for Indians, Rs. 100 per person for Foreign Tourists)
- Burma Bazaar: Burma Bazaar is actually sort of grey market run by Burmese (Myanmar) refugees living in Chennai. A good place to buy cheap imported perfumes, electronics, and software. (Timings - 10:00 AM - 10:00 PM)
- Government Museum: The second oldest museum in India, the Government Museum or Madras Museum showcases human history and culture. Interestingly this museum has the largest collection of Roman artefacts outside of Europe. (Timings - 9:30 AM - 5:00 PM, Entrance Charges- Rs. 15 for Adults and Rs. 10 for Children for Indians and Rs. 250 for Adults and Rs.125 for Children for Foreign Tourists)
- Valluvar Kottam: Valluvar Kottam is the most recognizable monument in Chennai and dedicated to the classical Tamil poet, Thiruvalluvar. The monument stands in the middle of a local Chennai lake and has become a prominent landmark of the city. (Timings - 8:30 AM - 5:30 PM)
- Santhome Cathedral: San Thome Basilica is a 16th-century beautiful cathedral built by Portuguese and later restored by the British. Interestingly this church is only one of the three churches in the world to have been built over the tomb of an apostle of Jesus. (Timings - 6:00 AM - 9:00 PM)
- Kapaleeswarar Temple: Kapaleeshwarar Temple is a 7th century Lord Shiva temple with a huge gopuram built in typical Dravidian architectural style in Mylapore area of Chennai. This is Chennai's most famous temple one of the top places to visit in Chennai, to experience the cultural history of Chennai and South India in general. (Timings - 6:00 AM - 1:00 PM and 4:00 PM - 8:00 PM)
- Madras Lighthouse: The Madras Light House situated on famous Marina Beach in Chennai stands facing the Bay of Bengal. The lighthouse is open to the public. (Timings - 10:00 AM - 1:00 PM and 3:00 PM - 6:00 PM)
- Marina Beach: Marina Beach is the most popular beach and a top tourist attraction in Chennai city. It is a natural beach famed to be the second-longest natural beach in the world. Swimming at the Marina Beach is prohibited because of strong undercurrents but fishing and sailing activities are possible.
- After the completion of your trip, you will be dropped back at your hotel or residence in Chennai city limits.
- This is not a guided tour, the driver will not be the guide for the tour.
- This is a local city tour hence the vehicle can not be used for any outstation tour.
- All transportation using private air-conditioned Sedan or SUV
- Pickup and drop-off in Chennai Hotel or Residence
- Sightseeing as per tour itinerary
- Driver and fuel charges
- 8 hours of usage (Extra hourly charges will be applicable after the limit, please refer Important Information Section for details)
Why book with TRODLY
- Best Price Guarantee
- Verified customer reviews that help you make the right decision.
- Qualified operators. All partner operators selected after rigorous system of checks.
- Free Cancellation on Most Trips
- Only Best Trips - Our team of travel experts bring uniquely local, safe, and exciting experiences to the community.
- 100% Secured Payments
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
We have two options Sedans & bigger SUVs. In Sedans we provide Suzuki Dzire, Toyota Etios mostly, sometimes it could be Nissan Sunny. In SUVs we provide Toyotta Innova, Mahindra Xylo, Suzuki Ertiga. You can request a particular model while booking in \'Special Request\' and we try to provide it however you can not pick and choose exact car models. We operate only AC vehicles and hatchbacks are not available.
Yes, all sightseeing tours need to be booked in advance. Tours often sell out so we suggest booking early to guarantee your desired tour day. Bookings are completely online and you can book on Website or Mobile app.
The itinerary mentioned on these private tours are a suggestion for your destination. You are free to skip or add other points. Let your personal driver know if you want to visit other places.
As this is a private tour, you are free to spend as much time you seem fit on each attraction. Some landmarks are more time-consuming than others and you can decide where to spend how much time. Just keep in mind the hourly usage included in your Tour, extra charges would apply if that limit is exceeded. Also night charges apply if you cross night time, please check Inclusions/Exclusions/Important Info for details.
You need to book online from this page. We accept only online bookings. Booking is confirmed instantly through SMS and Email. Driver & Cab details are sent on SMS/Email 3-6 hours before pick-up time.
No. All our tours are private and exclusively for your family or group.
If you wish to have an English driver who would drive you around the tour or drop you from one place to another, please mention the same in the Special Request section while booking. Any request would be taken into consideration and we will try arranging the same, although it\'s not a 100% Guarantee.
No these are purely sightseeing tours and we do not do provide stay/accommodation or do Hotel bookings on for you as part of these tours. For Multi-day sightseeing tours, you need to book your hotels yourself.
Meet-up Information/Reporting Point
₹ 2130 Per Vehicle
Get trip inspirations, offers and more.