Kanchipuram Day Tour from Chennai
In this tour, visit Kanchipuram which is known for its temple & sarees. Visit the famous Kamakshi Amman temple & other temples of the region.
- Step back in time and explore the grandeur of Kanchipuram Temples
- See traditional weavers at work still using century old methods for silk production
- Transport by private air-conditioned vehicle and hotel pickup and drop-off included
Also known as the City of One Thousand Temples, Kanchipuram is known for the grandeur and architecture of its temples. Temples are found everywhere here and Kanchipuram has a rich cultural history and is one of the oldest cities in India.
Apart from Temple City, Kanchipuram is also known "Silk City" for its unique hand-woven sarees famous all over the country. The tradition of weaving silk in the families got Kanchipuram district famous for Silk Sarees in and around Tamil Nadu. People in Kanchipuram are mostly orthodox in traditions and cultures which are followed for years. People who are interested to study other cultures and the ones who love photography, Kanchipuram will be the best place to visit. This place may not beat the nightlife of Chennai or any other cities in that case but the daily life in Kanchipuram will take you back to the ancient days of their traditions.
- The driver will pick you up from the hotel as specified in Chennai city limits.
- You will be driven to Kanchipuram which is a 2-hour drive from Chennai.
- Upon arrival, you will be visiting Kamakshi Amman Temple, Ekambareswarar Temple, Varadharaja Perumal Temple, Kanchi Kailasanathar Temple, and Devarajaswami Temple.
- You can also visit Kanchipuram local market and see silk sarees.
- You may stop for lunch in a local restaurant.
- Finally, you will start driving back to Chennai & will be dropped back to the starting point.
- All transportation using private air-conditioned hatchback/sedan or SUV with the driver
- Pickup and drop-off in Chennai Hotel or Residence
- Driver and fuel charges
- 300 kilometers of usage (more than sufficient)
- Itinerary mentioned is a suggestion, you can add/skip places.
Why book with TRODLY
- Best Price Guarantee
- Verified customer reviews that help you make the right decision.
- Qualified operators. All partner operators selected after rigorous system of checks.
- Free Cancellation on Most Trips
- Only Best Trips - Our team of travel experts bring uniquely local, safe, and exciting experiences to the community.
- 100% Secured Payments
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
We have two options Sedans & bigger SUVs. In Sedans we provide Suzuki Dzire, Toyota Etios mostly, sometimes it could be Nissan Sunny. In SUVs we provide Toyotta Innova, Mahindra Xylo, Suzuki Ertiga. You can request a particular model while booking in \'Special Request\' and we try to provide it however you can not pick and choose exact car models. We operate only AC vehicles and hatchbacks are not available.
Yes, all sightseeing tours need to be booked in advance. Tours often sell out so we suggest booking early to guarantee your desired tour day. Bookings are completely online and you can book on Website or Mobile app.
The itinerary mentioned on these private tours are a suggestion for your destination. You are free to skip or add other points. Let your personal driver know if you want to visit other places.
As this is a private tour, you are free to spend as much time you seem fit on each attraction. Some landmarks are more time-consuming than others and you can decide where to spend how much time. Just keep in mind the hourly usage included in your Tour, extra charges would apply if that limit is exceeded. Also night charges apply if you cross night time, please check Inclusions/Exclusions/Important Info for details.
You need to book online from this page. We accept only online bookings. Booking is confirmed instantly through SMS and Email. Driver & Cab details are sent on SMS/Email 3-6 hours before pick-up time.
No. All our tours are private and exclusively for your family or group.
If you wish to have an English driver who would drive you around the tour or drop you from one place to another, please mention the same in the Special Request section while booking. Any request would be taken into consideration and we will try arranging the same, although it\'s not a 100% Guarantee.
No these are purely sightseeing tours and we do not do provide stay/accommodation or do Hotel bookings on for you as part of these tours. For Multi-day sightseeing tours, you need to book your hotels yourself.
Meet-up Information/Reporting Point
₹ 4090 Per Vehicle
Get trip inspirations, offers and more.