Chadar Trek via Lingshed Village 2018
Chadar Trek via Linshed is the classic Chadar Trek taking you to isolated Lingshed village . CHadar trek is one of the most challenging yet fulfilling journeys one can ever take in Ladakh region. Apart from its breathtaking beauty which allows the trekkers rare glimpses of the unreachable ranges of the uppermost section of the Himalayas, it tests the trekker’s determination and physical stamina to a great degree.
The temperature during most of Chadar Trek remains around minus five to twenty degree Celsius at the least and the trekkers must also occasionally climb the steep rocks, and take detours to avoid perilous sections of the Zanskar River. While this Chadar trek is not for everyone; if one is adamant enough to experience the supernatural beauty of the highest levels of the Himalayas, unseen by almost everyone on this planet and is willing to go through tough ordeals to achieve it, nothing can be more suitable for such an adventurous soul.
- -35C Double lace Siachen Grade Sleeping Bags
- 25Kg Oxygen Cylinders
- Hot Water in Leh
- Double sharing tents on request during trek
- 5x7 feet 2 Person, 8x7 feet 3 person spacious Tents fit for Chadar Treks
Day 1: Arrive at Leh | Stay in Guest House
Arrive at Leh and check into our Guest House. Leh is a high altitude desert and it takes at least a day to acclimatise to these conditions. So rest in your room and in the evening roam around Leh market. Leh is a culturally rich place. There are dozens of monasteries and ancient temples that you can go around. Woollen cap and Gloves are must and should be handy. Overnight stay in Leh.
Day 2: Drive to Chilling roadhead and trek to Tilad Do camp - (3100 mts) | 65 km Drive
Post breakfast we will drive to Chilling from where we will start our Chadar Trek. The drive to Chilling – the starting point of Chadar trek is an adventurous drive. The ride is along the river Indus via village Nimu the place which is the confluence of the river Indus and the Zanskar. To reach camp one needs to cross the frozen Zanskar.
Day 3: Tilad Do to Shingra Koma - (3170 mts) | 10 km Trek
The trek leaders will give a briefing about the day as it will be a long walking session for 10 km on the Chadar. The weather gets to decide about this day’s trek. It can be cold and hard surface to walk on. Imoratant thing is to follow the leader, as they will know where to step and not to. Ice can be thick and thin sometimes, the locals have the sixth sense to step on the Chadar properly. As time goes by you will get used to the walking on the Chadar. Lunch at Gyalpo, a porter-cum-cooks prepares the hot and soupy noodles. The fluid intake must be balanced to circulated the blood in your system during the trek.
Camp-site of that day is at Gyalpo, the place is surrounded with peaks and beautiful viewsof rocks around. There wil be a early dinner served and call it a night.
Day 4: Shingra Koma to Tibb Cave – (3225 mts) | Trek 15 km
Today we will start our trek after a nutritious breakfast.Today’s stretch of the Chadar Trek is around 14 km. Our destination for the day is Dib Cave. Dib Cave is big cave which provides shelter. We welcome you to the cave with a hot cup of ladakhi butter tea. Overnight stay at Dib Cave.
Day 5: Tibb cave to Naerak Pullu Camp – (3390 mts) | Trek 12.5 km
Today we trek over deep gorges under the frozen Zanskar. You can hear the sound of water flowing beneath it. After trekking for a few hours we reach a huge waterfall. An old, dilapidated bridge on the river, which villagers claim to be more than 1,000 years old, marks Naerak.
Day 6: Naerak Pullu to Lingshed (12 km | 7-8 Hours)
From Naerak things get little tougher as it not only involve hike on snow and ice, but also some steep climbing. After two hours of level hike, we arrive at river confluence. From here we leave the Zanskar River and follow the tributary towards the Lingshed village.
Trail is quite narrow here so you need to be carefull.
On arriving at Lingshed, we visit local village monastery, administered by the Gelug sect of Himalayan Buddhism. Lingshed monastery houses idols of Mahakala and Lord Buddha. Monastery also has six other temples and monks’ apartments.
We also visit monk school and the head to the homestay, run by a local family, for an overnight stay. Experience the simple village life in Ladakh.
Day 7: Lingshed to Tibb via Naerak Pullu
This day, the return phase of this Snow Trek to Lingshed Village begins. It will be a long day as you will not be spending a night in Naerak Pullu, but walk past it on the way to Tibb. This gives you yet another chance to take photos of that massive frozen waterfall, you saw earlier. Stop here for a while, and try different poses in front of it. On reaching Tibb, get some much-needed rest inside the cave.
Day 8: Tibb Cave to Shingra Koma - (3225 mts) | 15 km Trek
We continue walking in the gorge, which is inaccessible in any other season and we come across some stunning frozen waterfalls.
Day 9: Shingra Koma to Tilad Do to Leh | 10 km Trek, 65 km Drive - Stay in Guest House
At the end of an outstanding frozen river Chadar trek through the Himalayas, you are back to Leh. Overnight stay in Leh.
Day 10: Leh Day (Return Flight)
Take your flight to Delhi. As the memorable journey gets over, you will depart from Leh today. The Chadar trek will be a cherished memory for life.
- Accommodation during trek in tents (twin/triple sharing) and Leh Guest house (triple/quad sharing) on Day 1 and Day 8 as per the itinerary.
- Meals while on trek (Veg.)
- Trek equipments - (Sub-zero temperature Sleeping Bags, Mattress, Tents, etc.)
- First aid medical kits and oxygen cylinder.
- Experienced trek Leader, Guide and Support staff to help trekkers.
- Transportation from Base Camp Leh to Leh is included in the package as per the itinerary.
- Wildlife Fee if any (There is no fee currently)
- Local Union Fees - ALTOA, LAHDC etc
- Medical expenses (apart from first aid) and insurance of any kind.
- Mineral Water & any kind of beverages
- Airport pick-up & drop
- Any expenses arising out of unforeseen circumstances like flight delay / cancellation / hike in fare, strike or any other natural calamities or any emergency evacuation expenses.
- Meals in Leh
- Porter to carry personal luggage - Available at Rs.750 per day for upto 9 kg bag
- Anything not specifically mentioned under 'Inclusions'
- Additional Night at Hotel in Leh with Heating and Hot water @ Rs.1800 Per Person/Night on Twin Sharing Basis without meals.
- Oxygen cylinders and first aid will be there during the trek. Rescue and medical team will be available on call in case of any exigencies.
- Tented accommodation will be provided on twin/triple sharing basis while on the trek.
- Single Room and Tent avaiable at Rs. 8500 /- extra
List of Essential items for Chadar Trek via Lingshed Village 2018
Backpack (Min 60 Ltrs) with Rain Cover
- Trekking Shoes. (Quechua Forclaz 500 M Wenge Men Hiking Boots (43))
- Gum boots
- 4 Pairs of Full sleeve shirts/T-Shirt and Track Pants (1 should be waterproof/windproof)
- 4 Pair of cotton socks. 3 pairs of wollen socks.
- 2 Full Sleeve Sweater (Quechua Forclaz 50 Fleece, Men’s Large (Black))
- One Heavy Down Jacket (Quechua Warm Down Ski Jacket, XXL (Black)
- Thermal Inners -2 Pair
- 2 pair water proof hand gloves
- 2 Pair woollen Gloves
- Sun Cap
- One Scarf
- Light towel
- Lip Balm
- Cold Cream & Sun Screen (SPF 40+)
- Water Bottle 1 Lt
- Headlamp or torch with fresh pair of batteries
- Personal Toilet Kit and toilet paper
- Personal Medicine Kit
- Dark Sunglasses (U/V protected)
- Walking Stick (At least one)
- People who were spectacles- Should avoid contact lenses and use use photo chromatic glassesinstead
- 100% refund if cancelled before 7 days
- 50% refund if cancelled before 3 days
- No refund after that
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
The Chadar trek is categorized as a moderately difficult trek. The trail is relatively easy and very much doable by trekkers who have no prior trekking experience. The biggest challenge on Chadar Trek is cold in real low temperatures. Trekkers on Chadar Trek should keep themselves warm by layering, carry the right kind of clothing and follow all instructions given by the trek leaders and guides.
130 travellers found this helpful
Meals will be provided while on trek. Our cooks will be serving the simple vegetarian nutritious veg hot meals for breakfast and dinner during the camping. Pack lunch will be provided during the trek. (Rice pulao, potato, dal, local dishes, hot soups, eggs, breads, poha, sweet, tea, milk, high energy bars, dry fruits, juices etc. is the regular menu).
Our operators take utmost care to ensure safety of customers during the trekking expeditions. However in the case of any unforeseen mishaps, operator or Trodly will not be liable for any injuries caused or for loss of life. All disputes rising due to the above are subject to the jurisdiction of the courts in New Delhi/Delhi only. All participants would be required to sign an Indemnity Form before the start of the program, without which they would not be allowed to take part in the trekking and expeditions.
An identification card (like driving license, voters ID card etc), along with a photocopy. A passport size photo. A medical certificate Format will be sent after confirmation. Disclaimer certificate. Format will be sent after confirmation.
Meet-up Information/Reporting Point:
Leh Guest House (Details would be shared)
₹ 23500 Per Person