Tulian Lake Trek from Pahalgam
A 2-day trek to the lake which lies between the two majestic mountain ranges of Zanskar and Pir Panjal, Tulian lake is perched at an altitude of 3684 metres and offers a perfect getaway in Kashmir region.
- A trek to a lake which has a shape of an eight.
- 2 days of easy trekking experience in Pahalgam region of Kashmir.
- Service of experienced local guides during the trek.
Tulian Lake is located at Pahalgam in Anantnag District. The Lake lies between the two Himalayan mountain ranges of Pir Panjal and Zanskar. It lies at an altitude of 3,684 metres (12,087 ft) above sea level, 16 KM (9.9 miles) southwest from Pahalgam and 11 KM (6.8 miles) from Baisaran. This lake remains frozen for a few months in the winter but it stays welcoming for the rest of the year. The lake assumes the shape of number 8, split by a narrow inlet that connects the water source. The colour of the water body is quite a contrast to the snow-capped peaks and multi-coloured mountain range adorning the perimeter.
Day 1: Report in Pahalgam at 09:00 AM and trek to Tulian Lake via Kanimarg | Trek 8-9 hours
- After your arrival in Pahalgam at around 09:00 AM
- You will begin your day with a meet and greet, you will start your trek from Pahalgam to Baisaran early in the morning heading towards Tulian Lake via Kanimarg.
- The trek is of moderate difficulty and you can see lush green meadows and grazing lands till you reach Baisaran in about a walk for an hour.
- As you move forward, you face denser forest whose tall trees barely let the sun come to the ground, and reach the first resting spot of the trek, Kanimarg. You can have a little rest here & refill your requirements.
- Post the short relaxation period you will move forward through the steep terrain of the forest again to reach Tulian valley. From here you walk for just a few minutes to finally reach the magnificent wonderland, the Tulian Lake.
- Dinner and overnight stay would in tents at the campsite nearby the lake.
Day 2: Descend from Tulian lake to Pahalgam via Kanimarg and Baisaran | Trek 7-8 hours
- On day-2, early in the morning have your breakfast and start trekking back from Tulian Valley with remarkable memories from your camping experience.
- You will be following the same route and trek down the steep trail to reach Kanimarg.
- You walk via Baisaran to reach Pahalgam, which will bring an end to the amazing trekking experience.
- You are expected to reach Pahalgam town area by 12:00 noon.
- Trek as per the itinerary.
- Accommodation in tent on twin/triple sharing basis.
- Tent, sleeping bag and tent mat.
- Service of a knowledgable guide.
- Meals during the trek (1 breakfast, 1 lunch and 1 dinner).
- Bonfire charges and barbeque.
- Pony for luggage for common luggage.
- Permit charges.
- Pony rides for trekkers.
- Transportation charges for pick-up and drop-off from Srinagar to Pahalgam.
- Accommodation in Pahalgam.
- Anything not mentioned in the inclusions above.
Why book with TRODLY
- Best Price Guarantee
- Verified customer reviews that help you make the right decision.
- Qualified operators. All partner operators selected after rigorous system of checks.
- Free Cancellation on Most Trips
- Only Best Trips - Our team of travel experts bring uniquely local, safe, and exciting experiences to the community.
- 100% Secured Payments
- The camps during the trek will have toilet tents as well.
- The meals during the trek will be available in both veg and non-veg.
- Kids below 15 years of age are not recommended for this trek.
- Your guide can speak English, Urdu, Hindi, Punjabi and Kashmiri
- Accommodation in tents is on double, triple, or quadruple occupancy. Other groups are given as per their group size.
- Change room and locker facilities are available in Pahalgam.
Things to Carry
- T-shirts, comfortable trekking pants (avoid cotton), jackets - windproof with hood preferable to keep you warm from the cold wind.
- Sweaters must be full sleeves and woollen plus, dry socks 3 or 4 pairs. A muffler is optional.
- Trekking shoes with thick soles and most importantly, it should be comfortable.
- Flip-flops must be lightweight.
- A weightless towel, a water bottle.
- Lip balm, sunblock, mosquito repellent.
- Cap is a must under the sun which also includes the sunglasses.
- At night, a torch is a must.
- General medicines, personal toiletries.
- Book lovers can carry books.
- Do not make your backpack too heavy.
- Avoid bringing expensive watches or jewellery for the trek. Note that we are not responsible if it is misplaced.
- Full refund if cancelled before* 30 days
- 50% refund if cancelled before 7 days
- No refund after that
*Advance payment is non-refundable
Meet-up Information/Reporting Point
- Hotel in Pahalgam, Jammu and Kashmir.
- The local contact person details and phone number will be sent to you in the booking voucher, sent to you via email after booking.
₹ 8050 Per Person
Similar Exciting Activities
Get trip inspirations, offers and more.