Tulian Lake Trek from Pahalgam
A 2-day trek to the lake which lies between the two majestic mountain ranges of Zanskar and Pir Panjal, Tulian lake is perched at an altitude of 3684 metres and offers a perfect getaway in Kashmir region.
- A trek to a lake which has a shape of an eight.
- 2 days of easy trekking experience in Pahalgam region of Kashmir.
- Service of experienced local guides during the trek.
Tulian Lake is located at Pahalgam in Anantnag District. The Lake lies between the two Himalayan mountain ranges of Pir Panjal and Zanskar. It lies at an altitude of 3,684 metres (12,087 ft) above sea level, 16 KM (9.9 miles) southwest from Pahalgam and 11 KM (6.8 miles) from Baisaran. This lake remains frozen for a few months in the winter but it stays welcoming for the rest of the year. The lake assumes the shape of number 8, split by a narrow inlet that connects the water source. The colour of the water body is quite a contrast to the snow-capped peaks and multi-coloured mountain range adorning the perimeter.
Day 1: Report in Pahalgam at 09:00 AM and trek to Tulian Lake via Kanimarg | Trek 8-9 hours
- After your arrival in Pahalgam at around 09:00 AM
- You will begin your day with a meet and greet, you will start your trek from Pahalgam to Baisaran early in the morning heading towards Tulian Lake via Kanimarg.
- The trek is of moderate difficulty and you can see lush green meadows and grazing lands till you reach Baisaran in about a walk for an hour.
- As you move forward, you face denser forest whose tall trees barely let the sun come to the ground, and reach the first resting spot of the trek, Kanimarg. You can have a little rest here & refill your requirements.
- Post the short relaxation period you will move forward through the steep terrain of the forest again to reach Tulian valley. From here you walk for just a few minutes to finally reach the magnificent wonderland, the Tulian Lake.
- Dinner and overnight stay would in tents at the campsite nearby the lake.
Day 2: Descend from Tulian lake to Pahalgam via Kanimarg and Baisaran | Trek 7-8 hours
- On day-2, early in the morning have your breakfast and start trekking back from Tulian Valley with remarkable memories from your camping experience.
- You will be following the same route and trek down the steep trail to reach Kanimarg.
- You walk via Baisaran to reach Pahalgam, which will bring an end to the amazing trekking experience.
- You are expected to reach Pahalgam town area by 12:00 noon.
- Trek as per the itinerary.
- Accommodation in tent on twin/triple sharing basis.
- Tent, sleeping bag and tent mat.
- Service of a knowledgable guide.
- Meals during the trek (1 breakfast, 1 lunch and 1 dinner).
- Bonfire charges and barbeque.
- Pony for luggage for common luggage.
- Permit charges.
Why book with TRODLY
- Best Price Guarantee
- Verified customer reviews that help you make the right decision.
- Qualified operators. All partner operators selected after rigorous system of checks.
- Free Cancellation on Most Trips
- Only Best Trips - Our team of travel experts bring uniquely local, safe, and exciting experiences to the community.
- 100% Secured Payments
- Full refund if cancelled before* 30 days
- 50% refund if cancelled before 7 days
- No refund after that
*Advance payment is non-refundable
Meet-up Information/Reporting Point
₹ 6000 Per Person
Get trip inspirations, offers and more.