Valley of Flowers Trek
Valley of Flowers National Park is located in Uttarakhand in West Indian Himalayas. It is famous for its meadows of alpine flowers that carpet the landscape every monsoon season. Perched in the midst of high Himalayan peaks, the valley situated at an altitude between 3352 to 3858 meters, is home to Variety of birds which includes Himalayan Monal Pheasant. Valley of Flowers' rich bio diversity includes many species of butterflies and insects as well.
Valley of Flowers is a great adventure and gives chance to explore on of natures untouched heavens.
- Trek to a UNESCO World Natural Heritage site
- Explore carpet of blooming alpine flowers
- Spot Himalayan wildlife
- Visit Hemkund Sahib, Joshimath, Govindghat, Ghangaria, Haridwar, Rishikesh
Day 1: Govindghat
Drive from Haridwar to Govindghat via Joshimat and Devprayag [not included in package]
Day 2: Ghangaria
Trek from Govindghat to Ghangaria (3-4 hrs)
Day 3: Valley Of Flowers Trek
Trek from Ghangaria to Valley Of Flowers and back. (4-5 hrs)
Day 4: Hemkund Sahib
Trek from Ghangaria to Hemkund and back.
Day 5: Joshimath
Trek from Ghangaria to Govindghat. Then drive back to Joshimat.
Day 6: Haridwar
Drive back to Haridwar.
- Accommodation (5 Nights Hotel Accommodation on sharing basis in Hotel Bhagat or similar (in Govindghat) and Hotel Devlok or similar (in Ghangaria))
- Meals while on trek (Veg) (Breakfast, Packed Lunch & Dinner)
- First aid medical kits
- Qualified and experienced Trek guide
- Permit Fee for Indian Nationals
- Transport from Haridwar to Govindghat (Extra Rs 2000 Bothways)
- Meals in Govindghat and during the drive
- Cost Escalation due to natural reason
- Unscheduled stay due to landslide
Trek Duration: 6 Days 5 Nights
Difficulty Level: Moderate
Trail Type: Up and down.
Altitude: Valley of Flowers averages around 3658 mts. Hemkund Sahib is at 4,390 meters.
Accomodation type: Tents
Food: Nutritious food suited for trekking
Trek Begins from: Govindghat
Trek ends at: Govindghat
Activities: Trekking, Camping
Best Season: July to early September.
Snow: Usually a few patches of snow or no snow at all.
Temperature: 15°C to 30°C during day, 7°C to 15°C at night. Flowers bloom during monsoons.
Plan your travel such that you get time to get acclimatized to high altitudes. Carry basic medications and a first-aid kit during the trek. Carry Windproof jacket, Thermal inner wear, Woollen cap, gloves,Raincoat/Poncho, Sun glasses, Sunscreen Lotion, Lip Balm, Walking stick/Trekking pole
- 100% refund if cancelled before 7 days
- 50% refund if cancelled before 3 days
- No refund after that
Meet-up Information/Reporting Point:
Haridwar Railway station or Govindghat