Valley of Flowers Trek
Trek to Valley of Flowers which is a great adventure and gives chance to explore one of natures untouched heaven.
- Trek to a UNESCO World Natural Heritage site.
- Explore carpet of blooming alpine flowers and spot Himalayan wildlife.
- Visit Hemkund Sahib which is known as the world's highest Gurudwara.
Valley of Flowers National Park is located in Uttarakhand in West Indian Himalayas. It is famous for its meadows of alpine flowers that carpet the landscape every monsoon season. Perched in the midst of high Himalayan peaks, the valley situated at an altitude between 3352 to 3858 meters, is home to a variety of birds which includes Himalayan Monal Pheasant. This whole vibrant valley is a combination of panoramic mountain ranges, lush green meadows, colourful flowers and clouds which all together make it the best destinations for nature lovers, photographers and Botanists. Valley of Flowers' rich biodiversity includes many species of butterflies and insects as well.
Day 1: Drive from Haridwar to Joshimath | 290 km, 10 hours
- The guests are requested to report at Haridwar and we will start our drive from Haridwar.
- The drive to Joshimath will take about 10 hours through beautiful valleys and hills on the way via Rudraprayag, Devprayag and Karnprayag.
- We can witness the confluence of the Mandakini & Alakananda river at Devprayag.
- Reach Joshimath by evening and overnight stay at the guest house.
Day 2: Drive to Govindghat and trek to Ghangaraia | 25 km drive, 5 hours trek
- After having morning breakfast, drive to Govindghat which is 25 km away from Joshimath.
- Govindghat is a famous pilgrimage centre and we start the trek from here.
- Trek to Ghangaria is almost 14 km and is also known as Govind Dham, which is a basecamp for Valley of flowers trek.
- Reach the campsite and stay overnight to end the day.
Day 3: Ghangaria to Hemkund lake & Gurudwara and back to Ghangaria | 10 km, 7 hours trek
- Start the trek early morning after having breakfast, we can call it as Hemkund Sahib Yatra.
- Visit Hemkund Sahib Gurudwara which is considered as the world's highest Gurudwara situated at an altitude of 14200ft.
- It will take 3 hours to reach Hemkund Sahib, explore the lake and gurudwara and start the trek back to Ghangaria.
- Reach back Ghangaria and stay overnight at the guest house to end the day.
Day 4: Ghangaria to Valley of Flowers and back to Ghangaria | 5km 4 hours trek
- Start the trek early morning by 6:00 am after having breakfast
- The trek to Valley of flowers is about 5 km which is a famous world natural heritage site.
- The trek is about 5 km which will take us to nature's botanical garden full of exotic flowers.
- Explore the valley of flowers which is known for numerous coloured flowers and amazing views.
- After exploration, we start descending down to Ghangaria.
- Reach back to the campsite at Ghangaria and rest for the day at the guest house.
Day 5: Ghangaria to Joshimath | 5 hours - 14 km trek & 25 km drive.
- We will start the trek early after breakfast to Govindghat which is almost 14 km trek.
- Trek for 5 hours to reach Govindghat which is a basecamp for the trek.
- From Govindghat take a drive to Joshimath which is 25 km away.
- Reach Joshimath and overnight stay at the guest house at Joshimath.
Day 6: Joshimath to Haridwar | 290 km, 10 hours drive.
- After breakfast, start the drive towards Haridwar which is 290 km away from Joshimath.
- Reach Haridwar by evening and end the tour here with a lot of cherished memories.
- Transportation from Haridwar & back
- Services of a knowledgeable guide
- An experienced and well-behaved staff of guide, cook, helpers, porters and mule staff.
- All meals from
- Good quality equipment like tent, sleeping bag, gaiters, crampons etc.
- Fully equipped medical kit and safety equipment.
- All forest permits and camping charges.
- Meals in Govindghat and during the drive
- Cost escalation due to natural reason
- Anything not mentioned in the inclusions.
Why book with TRODLY
- Best Price Guarantee
- Verified customer reviews that help you make the right decision.
- Qualified operators. All partner operators selected after rigorous system of checks.
- Free Cancellation on Most Trips
- Only Best Trips - Our team of travel experts bring uniquely local, safe, and exciting experiences to the community.
- 100% Secured Payments
Things to Carry:
- Valid photo ID (Driving license, Voter ID, Aadhar card)
- Waterproof Rucksack or Rucksack with rain-cover
- Comfortable Trekking Shoes: Waterproof, high ankle with good grip
- One Raincoat/Poncho, Windproof Jacket/Wind & waterproof pant
- T-shirts/Shirts, 1 Trouser (avoid fitting denim, capris)
- Torch/Head Torch, Gloves
- Thermal Inner-wears in winter
- Warm Fleece/ woollen sweater
- Woolen Cap & Socks
- Water Bottle
- Identity Cards
- Slippers/Sandals/Floaters: Non-slippery
- Personal Toiletries, Toothbrush & toothpaste
- Sunscreen cream/ Moisturizer/ Lip Balm
- Sunglasses (it should be U/V protected)
- Toilet roll
Meet-up Information/Reporting Point
- Haridwar railway station.
- The local person's contact details will be shared in the booking voucher which is sent via email.
Similar Exciting Activities
Get trip inspirations, offers and more.