Auden's Col - Mayali Pass - Patangini Dhar (3 Passes Trek) 2019
The three passes trek, one of the finest high altitude treks in the Indian Himalayas. A trek which has got loads to give to the seasoned high altitude trekkers.
- Reach to a maximum altitude of 5490 metres.
- The mesmerizing views of the Indian Himalayas.
- Visit the Gangotri temple.
- Service of well-experienced guides and high-quality tents.
Auden's Col is a pass connecting Rudugaira valley and Bhilangna valley, named after John Bicknell Auden, a British Geographical Survey officer, who first discovered it in 1935 and crossed it in 1939. The pass is at 5490 metres altitude and connects the ridge coming from Gangotri III (6580 metres) peak on the north-west and the ridge coming from Jogin I (6465 metres) on the east, and also binds a glacier coming from Jogin I on the north side of Rudugaira valley, and deadly Khatling glacier on the south side of Bhilangna valley. The regions of Garhwal and Kumaon borders on China and Nepal and are the most famous for their holy sites including Gangotri, the source of India’s most sacred River Ganga.
Day 0: Reach Gangotri | 2940 metres
- On the arrival day, you will undertake an acclimatization trek and also visit the temple.
- You will be staying overnight in Gangotri.
Day 1: Trek to Bhoj Kharak | 3415 metres
- On the first day, you will be trekking from Gangotri to Bhoj Kharak.
- Upon arrival in Bhoj Kharak, you will pitch your tents and stay there for the night.
Day 2: Trek to Kedar Kharak | 4315 metres
- On this day, after morning breakfast, you will be trekking from Bhoj Kharak to Kedar Kharak.
- The climb will be steep with mesmerizing views, upon arrival in Kedar Kharak you will be pitching your tents for an overnight stay.
Day 3: Trek to Kedar Tal (4760m) - Kedar Kharak
- On the third day, you will be trekking to the enchantingly beautiful Kedar Tal from Kedar Kharak.
- After you have spent some time in Kedar Tal, you will be heading back to Kedar Kharak for an overnight stay.
Day 4: Trek to Patangini Dhar base campsite | 4540 metres
- On the fourth day, you will be trekking from Kedar Kharak to Patangini Dhar.
- You will be staying overnight in the basecamp in Patangini Dhar.
Day 5: Patangini Dhar (5085 metres) - Dhabba Campsite (4685 metres) (Rudugaira valley)
- On this day you will be crossing Patangini Dhar and be trekking to the Dhabba campsite.
- This trek will be a variation of altitudes as you will descend from Patangini Dhar to the Dhabba campsite.
Day 6: Trek to Rudugaira / Auden’s Col Advanced Base Camp | 4975 metres
- On the sixth day, you will be trekking to Rudugaira from the Dhabba campsite.
- For this day your basecamp would be the Auden's Col Advanced base camp, where you willbe staying overnight.
Day 7: Auden’s Col (5490 metres) - Khatling - Khatling campsite (4970 metres)
- On the seventh day, you will be crossing the Auden's Col which lies at an altitude of 5490 metres and trekking onwards to Khatling.
- You will be staying overnight in the Khatling campsite.
Day 8: Khatling - Khatling Base camp (3765 metres)
- The eighth day will be the day where you trek rest of the Khatling and cross a serene waterfall area perched at an altitude of 4300 metres.
- Your destination will be the Khatling Base Camp where you will be staying overnight.
Day 9: Bhilangna river (3480 metres) - Chowki campsite (3630 metres)
- On the ninth day, you will be trekking to the Bhilangna river and be crossing it.
- You will be retiring at the Chowki campsite for the day.
Day 10: Trek to Masar Tal (4550 metres)
- You will be trekking to Masar Tal which lies at an altitude of 4550 metres from the Chowki Campsite.
- You will be camping near Masar Tal.
Day 11: Masar Top (4695 metres) - Mayali Pass (4990 metres)
- On the eleventh day, you will be trekking to the Masar top, post which you will cross the famous Mayali Pass.
- You will be staying overnight in camps near Vashuki Tal.
Day 12: Vashuki Tal (4210 metres) - Vashuki Top (4480 metres) - Kedarnath (3530 metres)
- You will be trekking to the Vashuki Tal on the twelfth day and also head towards the Vashuki top.
- After spending some time in Vashuki top, you will be descending to Kedarnath.
Day 13: Buffer day
- It is mandatory to have this extra day as any bad weather or rain will delay your pass crossing.
- All arrangements for overnight stays during the trip
- Camping and climbing gear
- All food expenses
- Food will usually consist of morning breakfast, lunch, evening high tea and dinner
- All food will be vegetarian
- Special trained certified guides trained for emergency situations
- Local guides and workers with in-depth knowledge about the local area
- One luggage per person will be transported by us
- Inner line permits and arrangements en route will be arranged by the operator
- All stays and lodging on twin sharing basis shall be provided
Why book with TRODLY
- Best Price Guarantee
- Verified customer reviews that help you make the right decision.
- Qualified operators. All partner operators selected after rigorous system of checks.
- Free Cancellation on Most Trips
- Only Best Trips - Our team of travel experts bring uniquely local, safe, and exciting experiences to the community.
- 100% Secured Payments
- Full refund if cancelled before* 30 days
- 75% refund if cancelled before 15 days
- 50% refund if cancelled before 7 days
- No refund after that
Meet-up Information/Reporting Point
₹ 63190 Per Person
Get trip inspirations, offers and more.