Savandurga Night Trek
Savandurga is one of the challenging treks situated 60 kms away from Bangalore in the deccan plateau of Karnataka. Situated at a height of 4220 ft above sea level, it is said to be the largest monolith in Asia (a monolith is a huge single rock or stone). If seen from a distance, it looks like a massive stone. Savandurga comprises of twin peaks, one is Karigudda or The Black Hill and other is Biligudda or The White Hill. Biligudda has been a fort prison during the Hoysala Empire. On the top of the hill one can see ruins of the fort that were built by Kempegowda. The composition of the hill is mainly granite. A panoramic lush green view of the exteriors of Bangalore is seen from the top. The hill is surrounded by the forest region of Magadi. If lucky, one can spot beautiful migratory birds in the green horizons.
This Saturday spend a night stargazing from top of the largest monolith in Asia, get out of Bangalore and see the city sleep with its lights on, see the endless clear view till the end of the horizon with the clouds just above your head. Night trekking at Savandurga is a challenging but a very rewarding experience. It offers a full panoramic view of the beautiful exteriors of Bangalore. The constant wind that passes on the trails reminds you that you are on the largest monolith in Asia.
Pickup from Bangalore at 10.15 PM
Overnight journey till Savandurga Base – Trek from Savandurga Base to the peak via Fort –
Sunrise Point – Trek Downhill – Rock of Peace Rock climbing Breakfast
Reach Bangalore at 2.00 PM
- Spending a comfortable night on top of the largest monolith in Asia
- Basic Rock Climbing
- Special detour to our favourite Rock of Peace
- Home cooked all you can eat type food arrangement
- Bivouac next to a lake
- Nandi Devi Temple (High Wind Zone)
- The superman rock
- Staying under the ruins of Savandurga fort
- Travel from and to Bangalore passing the dense Savandurga state forest
- Power Pack (Energy Snacks)
Why book with TRODLY
- Best Price Guarantee
- Verified customer reviews that help you make the right decision.
- Qualified operators. All partner operators selected after rigorous system of checks.
- Free Cancellation on Most Trips
- Only Best Trips - Our team of travel experts bring uniquely local, safe, and exciting experiences to the community.
- 100% Secured Payments
Meet-up Information/Reporting Point
Get trip inspirations, offers and more.