Makalidurga is one of the closest weekend destinations from Bangalore having a rocky terrain surrounded by dense forest plantation throughout the hill and the railway track hike in between the wildest hills towards the Makalidurga Hill adds a sense of thrill in the beauty of the night.
- Trek to Makalidurga
- Explore the fort of Makalidurga
Makalidurga is one of the best trekking experience around Bangalore.The beautiful lake surrounding the hill and a ground where you can meditate on top makes it an unforgettable experience forever. Makalidurga Hill is 60 km on the outskirts of Bangalore. At a height 4430ft and only 10 Kms ahead of Doddaballapura makes it a perfect weekend trekking destination. It is a beautiful hill surrounded by a lake on the west which looks like the South American continent. A railway track passes through the base of the hill which makes this trek even more interesting. The Makalidurga Fort is on top of the hill which captures the most beautiful sunset and sunrise from the hilltop. There is an abundance of the country vicinity at Makalidurga and for all the adventure enthusiasts the ideal way to do trekking at Makalidurga is to start it from the Makalidurga Railway Station which adds a vintage style to the trekking for the hill.
- You will start the journey from Bangalore at 6:00 am
- You will reach the base by 7:30 am(approx)
- Start the trek from Railway Station
- Reach the top and explore the fort.
- You would have the packed lunch at the top.
- You would enjoy some games & activities for recreation.
- You would descend and reach the base by 6:00 pm(approx)
- Travel back to Bangalore & you are expected to reach by 9:00 pm