Unexplored Side Of Brahmagiri In Coorg
Go on a trek through the less trodden, green pastures of the evergreen rainforest of Brahmagiri.
- Trek through the Brahmagiri wildlife sanctuary which is famous for its elephant population.
- A chance to spot wild animals up close
- Experienced guide
- A moderate trek for people of all ages and experience
Brahmagiri if famous for its elephant population so don’t be surprised when you come across a heard. Apart from the elephants, you will see several varieties of wildlife and a lesser known waterfall during the trek. You can visit the government-run Anti - Poaching camp for some refreshments and then continue walking further into the nearby untouched wild streams and waterfalls.
Strictly no littering. Help in our efforts to keep “Coorg Clean “
08:00 am: Arrive at the reporting location and meet the group followed by the group briefing by the trek guide
09:00 am: Trek commences from nature camp in Theralu. Total trekking distance is 6 km
11:00 pm: Reach the highest peak in Coorg. Enjoy the packed lunch and a beautiful view
12:00 - 12:30 pm: Reach back to the base and trek ends
- A good pair of trekking shoes which is water resistant
- A water bottle to keep you hydrated
- A personal Medical Kit. Our guide will be equipped with first aid kit.
- Pair of Sunglasses & a hat
- A raincoat OR Poncho (If it is the rainy season)
- Backpack with broad straps
- Jackets, Sweater, Dark coloured shirts & Track Pants
- Carry personal identity card
- Avoid wearing bright coloured clothes - Ex: Red
- Follow your guide, Please DON’T trek alone and fast. Let’s all go in one group.
- Always offer help to those facing difficulty
- Do not wear sarees or any other uncomfortable clothing
- Smoking & consumption of alcohol is strictly prohibited
- Don’t litter. Help in our efforts to keep “Coorg Clean “
Please Note: Leeches are quite common in the Western Ghats and especially in the rainy season. So do not panic. Carry salt & lemon or small sachets of shampoo. Our guide will explain in detail on how to avoid them.
Meet-up Information/Reporting Point:
- The pick up would be from Votecad Nature Camp.
- The operator would be in touch to coordinate the pick up time & place