Rangat, Mayabunder with Private Boat Charter to Avis Island
Rangat island 170 kms by road from Port Blair is an eco tourism hub and popular for Amkunj beach, Cutbert Bay a turtle nesting ground, Dhaninallah mangrove walk and Yerratta mangrove park. Dhaninallah Mangrove Nature Walk is a wooden broadwalk meandering mangrove creeks for a distance of 713 mtr and longest walkway of its kind in the country.
Nearly three hours further to Rangat, north by road, perched on a long promontory right at the top of the island and surrounded by mangrove swamps, is Mayabunder, springboard for the remote northern Andaman Islands. The village, which is home to a large minority of former Burmese Karen tribes, who were originally brought here as cheap logging labour by the British, are more spread out and more appealing than Rangat. Popular attractions at Mayabunder include Karmatang Beach & Turtle Nestling Ground, Rampur Beach & German Jetty and Anmol Sea Handicrafts Museum.
Avis Island has a small but creamy beach. The water is very calm, placid and clear. So much so that one can easily see fish frolicking in the water and little corals if one walk a bit into the sea. It is a perfect destination for basking in the sun and sea water by simply sitting in the water. The tall, thick coconut trees provide shade which saves you from scorching heat. Going there early in the morning is always a good idea as the weather supports your trip. Avis Island is sometimes not open for tourists. To visit the Avis Island, one has to take prior permission from the local authorities. We run our charter boats there in season.
- Private Boat Charter to Avis Island off Mayabunder
- Tropical Rainforest Drive
- Offbeat Stay in Mayabunder
- Hotel Pick-Up and Drop from Port Blair
- Private AC SUV Transport
Short Reference Itinerary:
Day 1: Early morning at the above given time, proceed to Rangat. Visit Dhaninallah, Morice Dera beach and Yeratta Mangrove Park. Head ahead to reach Mayabunder and overnight stay at the hotel suggested.
Day 2: Early morning after breakfast, take half an hour charter boat journey from jetty to Avis Island and then after few hours of sightseeing tour getting back onto the same boat and back to jetty. Other Islands like Interview Island, Steward Island, Guitar Island & Brother Island can be seen on the way. No pit stops.
If time remains cover Karmatang Beach and turtle nestling ground (World’s Pioneer Turtle Nestling Region) and after half a day proceed for Rampur beach and German Jetty with Anmol Museum and overnight stay at the hotel suggested.
Day 3: Early morning, after Breakfast, checkout from the hotel to reach Port Blair back via the same route by late evening.
- Prtivate transport in AC SUV Vehicle
- Pick Up + Drop from Port Blair to Mayabunder Via Rangat and back.
- Sightseeing Tour, tickets, entry, RAP, island entry permits, ferry charges, driver allowances, surcharges parking, tips, vehicle charges, vehicle permits, boat tickets etc.
- 01 Mineral water bottle each.
- 02 Nights Stay / accommodation / boarding / lodging at the above given hotel with breakfast on CP Plan in standard double bedded A/C rooms on twin shared basis.
Why book with TRODLY
- Best Price Guarantee
- Verified customer reviews that help you make the right decision.
- Qualified operators. All partner operators selected after rigorous system of checks.
- Free Cancellation on Most Trips
- Only Best Trips - Our team of travel experts bring uniquely local, safe, and exciting experiences to the community.
- 100% Secured Payments
- Full refund if cancelled before* 7 days
- 50% refund if cancelled before 3 days
- No refund after that
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Yes all government on forest department permits needed for this trip are arranged by us and included in package. We would take each passenger's details from you once online booking is confirmed.
64 travellers found this helpful
Meet-up Information/Reporting Point
Get trip inspirations, offers and more.