Jolly Buoy Island, Chidyatapu & Munda Pahad Trip from Port Blair
Take a tour of Jolly Buoy island, Chidiyatapu and Mundapahad which are the famous attractions of Andamans. These places are known for its scenic landscape views.
- Watch beautiful marine life, awesome underwater corals from glass-bottomed boats.
- Experience an unforgettable sunset at Chidyatapu
- A day trip to one of India's most well preserved natural marine eco-system in Andaman and Nicobar
Jolly Buoy Island and Red Skin Islands are known for the white pristine sandy beaches, inviting warm and crystal waters and colorful corals all around. The boat trip to Jolly Buoy Island in ferry takes about 45 minutes. From ferry travelers are taken to island in a Glass Bottom boat from which they can see the corals and marine life. Jolly Buoy Island, and the neighboring Red Skin Island, are part of the Mahatma Gandhi National Park. Being a marine national park it is well protected, allowing the native species to thrive without much human interference. This has made the surroundings even more beautiful. The water here is as clean and clear as it gets and visitors can experience the un-touched natural beauty there.
Chidyatapu is popular for amazing sunset views, bird watching, scuba diving, and colorful oceanic view. Chidiya Tapu is a great picnic spot for families. For the adventurous few a short hike to beach cliff at Munda Pahad is a great and must do option.
Mahatma Gandhi Biological Park (MGBP), a forest and wildlife biological park is an added interest for the nature enthusiast. Park is actually a closed wildlife sanctuary and has a wide variety of local flora and fauna. To visit this park you must reach here well before 12:00 noon.
Please Note: Jolly Buoy Island is open to tourists from 16th November 2018 for this season.
- The hotel pick-up for the guests will be done by 6:30 am.
- Post the pick-up, the driver will take the guests to Wandoor Jetty.
- Visit National Park Museum and Marine Interpretation Center at Wandoor before the boat journey starts. The boat journey to the island starts at approximately 7:30-8:00 am from Mahatma Gandhi Marine National Park jetty.
- The permit and boat tickets required for this trip are included when booked online through Trodly.
- It is a beautiful 30-45 minute ferry ride to reach near the Jolly Buoy Island.
- Board a Glass-bottom boat to witness the underwater corals and marine life around the reefs of Jolly Bouy Island on a ride of up to 5 to 10 minutes. The same boat takes you to the Island.
- Enjoy the swimming and other water activities at the beach of Jolly Bouy Island.
- We will start our journey back to Wandoor jetty.
- Take a drive to Chidyatapu, which is an amazing coastal drive.
- Witness the amazing scenic views and a mesmerizing sunset that awaits you at Chidyatapu.
- Visit Munda Pahad beach and hike to cliff point if interested.
- Finally, the guests are dropped back to the hotel in Port Blair by 6:00 pm.
- Charges for the private air-conditioned cab for hotel pick-up and drop
- Pick-up, drop from the hotel in Port Blair city limits only
- Service of a professional driver
- The island tour permit
- Jetty boat ride to the Island
- Glass bottom boat ride
- Tour as per the itinearary
Why book with TRODLY
- Best Price Guarantee
- Verified customer reviews that help you make the right decision.
- Qualified operators. All partner operators selected after rigorous system of checks.
- Free Cancellation on Most Trips
- Only Best Trips - Our team of travel experts bring uniquely local, safe, and exciting experiences to the community.
- 100% Secured Payments
- Full refund if cancelled before* 7 days
- 50% refund if cancelled before 3 days
- No refund after that
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Jolly buoy and Red Skin Island are open alternatively for 6 months at a time to protect underwater marine life and the live corals. Jolly Buoy Island opens from November to May while Red Skin Island is opened from May to November. Exact dates are announced by local administration.
Meet-up Information/Reporting Point
₹ 1990 Per Person
Get trip inspirations, offers and more.