Nuwara Eliya Day Tour by Scenic Train Ride
Get a peek at the nature’s true beauty with a train ride from Peradeniya to Nanu Oya in Nuwara Eliya. Enjoy a spectacular view as the train rides past the fields spread with lush green tea leaves. Get to spend a simple yet special day at this place popularly called the Little England of Ceylon, Nuwara Eliya. This approx 4 hour scenic train ride takes you past the tea covered mountains, picturesque village, deep woodlands and epic waterfalls.
Enjoy the view through the tiny windows at the comfort of your seat through this train ride. Upon completing the ride, move to the city of Nuwara Eliya. Explore the tiny cottages, beautiful buildings and the city landscape as you stroll through the streets of Nuwara Eliya. Visit some noteworthy places like Lake Gregory, Old Post Office, Ramboda Falls, Blue Field Tea Factory, and Royal Botanical Garden.
- Experience one of the most iconic and scenic train journeys anywhere in the world
- See Sri Lankan highlands traveling on a heritage rail line
- Explore Sri Lanka's former British hill resort of Nuwara Eliya
- Visit Nuwara Eliya's Lake Gregory, Ramboda Falls and Tea Plantation & Factory
- 7:30am - The tour starts with your hotel pick-up from Kandy
- 8:00am - Arrive at Kandy or Peradeniya railway station (Based on train tickets availability). Your guide will help you board the train.
- 8:45am - Train will be leaving in between 0830 – 0845 hrs. Enjoy the scenic ride through beautiful highland countryside and tea plantations of Sri Lanka.
- 12:15pm - Reach Nanuoya, the rail-head closest to Nuwara Eliya. Your chauffeur guide will receive you and drive to Nuwara Eliya. It's a 30 minute ride.
- 1:00pm - Break for lunch at one of the restaurants
- 2:00pm: Visit famous Gregory Lake, one of the main attractions of Nuwara Eliya. Relax or take a walk along the lake or in the town. You can do short boat ride (at your own expense) in the lake.
- 3:00pm - Drive to Ramboda Falls in Pussellawa, take a short hike to get closer view of the falls
- 4:00pm - Proceed to the Blue Field Tea Factory to see the tea making process, see the plantation and factory.
- 5:00pm approx - begin your drive back to the city of Kandy
- 7:30pm - Drop off at hotel in Kandy
- One way Train Ride from Kandy to Nanu Oya ( 2nd class or 3rd class tickets as per availability/ 1st class upgrade complimentary on availability)
- Return Transportation from Nuwara Eliya to Kandy by Air-Condition fully insured vehicles (Sedan Car or Van)
- All Transfers from Hotel & Train Station by Air-Condition fully insured vehicles (Sedan Car or Van)
- Entrance fees to Ramboda Falls and Gregory Lake
- Service of an English Speaking Chauffeur Guide
- Hotel Pick-up and Drop-off
- All Parking and Highway Toll charges where applicable
- 1 Bottled Water per person
Why book with TRODLY
- Best Price Guarantee
- Verified customer reviews that help you make the right decision.
- Qualified operators. All partner operators selected after rigorous system of checks.
- Free Cancellation on Most Trips
- Only Best Trips - Our team of travel experts bring uniquely local, safe, and exciting experiences to the community.
- 100% Secured Payments
- Full refund if cancelled before* 7 days
- 50% refund if cancelled before 3 days
- No refund after that
Meet-up Information/Reporting Point
₹ 4428.66 Per Person