Anuradhapura Day Tour from Colombo
Anuradhapura recognized as the world heritage site by UNESCO is one of the religious cities in Sri Lanka. This city has many well preserved ruins which belongs to the Lankan civilization that date back to the 4th century BC. It was the capital of Sri Lanka during ancient times and was considered as one of the greatest civilization during that time. Anuradhapura is the holy place of the Buddhists and consists of many Buddhist monuments.
Some of the ancient stupas like the Ruwanwelisaya, Abhayagiri and Jetavanaramaya are a must visit.The Thuparama Vatadage is an ancient buddhist place that is known to contain collarbone relics of Buddha. Anuradhapura has a well planned urban system with great irrigation system. Several bathing tanks called as pokunas such as Tissa Wewa, Abhaya Wewa and Nuwara Wewa can be found scattered across the city. Do not miss visiting the Jaya Sri Maha Bodhi the sacred bodhi tree which is 2200 years old and is considered as the oldest human planted tree in the world.Isurumuniya rock temple and The Brazen Palace are some of the other prominent places to visit.
- Private Anuradhapura day trip from Colombo
- Ride through countryside to the UNESCO-listed ancient ruins of Anuradhapura
- See Anuradhapura highlights including the Brazen Palace, Thuparamaya, and more
- View the holy bodhi tree, reputedly grown from Buddha’s tree of enlightenment
- Includes entrance fees
- Transport by private air-conditioned vehicle, driver-guide, and hotel pickup and drop-off included
- 6:00am - The tour starts with your hotel pick-up from Colombo and we head towards Anuradhapura (Travel time: 4 hours approx)
- 10:00am - Arrive in Anuradhapura and visit following places:
- Sri Maha Bodhi, beleived to be an offshoot of the historical Bodhi tree under which Buddha acheived enlightenment
- Abhayagiri Dagaba, one of the most sacred Buddhist pilgrimage with extensive ruins
- Ruwanwelisaya Stupa, a marvel for its architectural qualities.
- Break for lunch at a local restaurant (at your own cost)
- Thuparamaya Collarbone, the first dagaba built in Sri Lanka.
- Lovamahapaya also known as Brazen Palace is one of the most important structures in Anuradhapura
- Jetavanaramaya, the largest stupa in Sri Lanka. Used to be one of the largest structure in the ancient world.
- Mirisaveti Stupa, legend associates it with the relics of Lord Buddha.
- 6:00pm - Finish the tour and head back to Colombo
- 10:00pm approx - Arrive back at your hotel in Colombo
- Entrance fees to Sigiriya Rock Fortress
- 1 Village Tour
- Traditional local Village Lunch in Sigiriya
- Service of an English Speaking Chauffeur Guide
- Hotel Pick-up and Drop-off
- Transportation by Air-Condition fully insured vehicles (Sedan Car or Van)
- All Parking and Highway Toll charges where applicable
- 1 Bottled Water
- Lunch, any other Meals and Drinks
- Expenses of personal nature
- Gratuities (optional)
- Any others expenses which are not mentioned in Inclusions
Why book with TRODLY
- Best Price Guarantee
- Verified customer reviews that help you make the right decision.
- Qualified operators. All partner operators selected after rigorous system of checks.
- Free Cancellation on Most Trips
- Only Best Trips - Our team of travel experts bring uniquely local, safe, and exciting experiences to the community.
- 100% Secured Payments
- You will receive complete Operator information, including local telephone numbers at your destination, in your Booking Confirmation Voucher
- Pick-up available from Colombo city limits only
- The duration of transfers are approximate, the exact duration will depend on the time of day and traffic conditions
- This activity is not wheelchair accessible
Meet-up Information/Reporting Point
- Meet & Greet your friendly driver at your Hotel lobby in Colombo
- Operator will be in contact with you to coordinate the pick up time and itinerary
- The driver will pick you up directly from your hotel or specified pick up point. Please enter the pick up location at the checkout page
₹ 100 Per Person
Similar Exciting Activities
Get trip inspirations, offers and more.