Sigiriya and Dambulla Day Tour with Lunch
Sigiriya and Dambulla are recognized as a world heritage sites and Sigiriya was also nominated as the 8th wonder of the world.
Sigiriya, the most beautiful historic place in Sri Lanka is located between Dambulla and Habarana. This astounding rock structure is 200 meters higher than the surrounding. This fort includes remains of a ruined palace. Sigiriya served as a monastery during the 3rd century BC. Later during 5th century King Kasyapa used this cave as his adobe while he was on an exile. Originally designed to resemble a lion, now the upper body is completely ruined. Ride on the back of an elephant at the Habarana Elephant Safari.
Visit the best preserved cave temple, Dambulla temple (also known as Golden temple). These caves are filled with religious paintings and sculptures. A 15m long sculpture of Buddha is the highlight of this place. The frescos on the walls and ceilings are from the 15th century and they depict scenes from the life of Buddha. One of the largest caves is the Cave 2 which contains 150 artistic statues.
- See Sigiriya Rock Fortress and Dambulla Cave Temple in this private day tour
- Listen to personalized commentary from a knowledgeable guide
- Includes a Restaurant Lunch and Entry Tickets
- Hotel Pick-up and drop-off by from Colombo in private vehicle
- 6:00-7.00am: The tour starts with your hotel pick-up from Colombo, Negombo or Mount Lavinia. Your very own chauffeur guide drives you to Sigiriya which is the first stop on your itinerary (Travel time: 3 to 4 hours)
- 10:00-10:30am: Arrive in Sigiriya and climb the Sigiriya Rock Fortress which is known as one of the wonders of the world.
- 12:30-1:00pm: Enjoy lunch at Oakray Inamaluwa Restaurant (Included)
- 1:00pm: After lunch, proceed to Dambulla rock temple that was built by King Walagambahu in the 1st century B.C. and it is another World Heritage Site.
- 3:00pm: Arrive at Dambulla and visit the cave temple (Unesco World Heritage Site)
- 4:00pm: Leave Dambulla and proceed towards Colombo
- 8:00pm approx: Arrive back at your hotel in Colombo
- Entrance fees to Sigiriya Rock Fortress
- Entrance fees to Dambulla Cave Temple
- Sightseeing tour with service of an English Speaking Chauffeur Guide
- Hotel Pick-up and Drop-off in Colombo
- Lunch at Oakray Inamaluwa Restaurant
- Transportation by Air-Condition fully insured vehicles (Sedan Car or Van)
- All Parking and Highway Toll charges where applicable
- 1 Bottled Water per person
- Any video/still camera fee to the monuments and places of visit
- Any other Meals and Drinks not mentioned
- Expenses of personal nature
- Tips to guides (optional)
- Any other expenses which are not mentioned in Inclusions
- You will receive complete Operator information, including local telephone numbers at your destination, in your Booking Confirmation Voucher
- The duration of transfers are approximate, the exact duration will depend on the time of day and traffic conditions
- Please wear clothes to cover your knees and shoulders when visiting temples
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Sigiriya is a year round destination and can be visited any time of the year. If you are visiting between February to April though then you can probably avoid rain and warm temperatures.
3 travellers found this helpful
Yes Sigiriya Rock has stairs to go on top. An entry ticket (comes as part of most tours) is required to get the access. It is a bit of an effort to climb all the stairs but stunning views from the top make it totally worth it!
3 travellers found this helpful
Meet-up Information/Reporting Point:
- Meet & Greet your friendly driver at your Hotel lobby in Colombo
- Operator will be in contact with you to coordinate the pick up time.
- The driver will pick you up directly from your hotel or specified pick up point. Please enter the pick up location at the checkout page
₹ 8840.1 Per Person