Sigiriya Rock and Village Tour from Colombo
Head to the iconic city of Sigiriya, known as one of the greatest kingdom in the history of Sri Lanka. This incredible fortress which is 600 ft above the ground has the most dramatic view of the entire village from the top. Within the walls of this fort you will find ruins from the Kingdom of Kassapa. Ascend this magnificent 5th century fort and walk through the entrance that is placed between the paws of a lion. Within the fort you will find beautiful murals from the time long gone, well maintained terrace gardens as you climb the steep staircase, a tunnel that leads to a palace belonging to King Kassapa. Ride on a bullock cart through the village and get a peek into the daily life of the villagers. Savour a delicious sri Lankan lunch at the village.
- Enjoy the beautiful scenery as you travel to Sigiriya in a private comfortable, air-conditioned vehicle
- Climb the famous Sigiriya Lion Rock and behold the incredible views from top
- See one of the oldest clifftop gardens in the world
- Enjoy traditional Lunch at a local house prepared by the village women
- Participate in daily tasks of Village, enjoy a bullock cart ride, cooking class and a fishing trip
- 6:30am: The tour starts with your hotel pick-up from Colombo, Negombo or Mount Lavinia. Your very own chauffeur guide drives you to Sigiriya which is the first stop on your itinerary (Travel time: 3 to 4 hours)
- 10:30am: Arrive in Sigiriya and climb the Sigiriya Rock Fortress which is known as one of the wonders of the world. Walk by water gardens, curved tanks and bathing pools to reach steps
- If you opt to climb, begin your 1,200 steps up to the top of the rock itself. View the amazing frescos of female figures at halfway mark
- 1:00pm Make your way back down the stairs
- 1:30pm: Proceed to village which is a delighful walk along a man-made reservoir. You can experience a Bullock Cart Ride while enjoying sightseeing the rural village life. And then your next adventure could be a 'Catamaran Safari' at the scenic lake
- 2.30pm: Witness the traditional cooking methods by the local women and help in preparation of a Sri Lankan curry. Enjoy a traditional lunch at a local house prepared by the village women
- 5:00pm: Take a Tuk-Tuk (three wheeler) tour back to the starting point. From there we head back to Colombo.
- 9:30pm: Finish the tour and arrive back at your hotel in Colombo
- Entrance fees to Sigiriya Rock Fortress
- 1 Village Tour
- Traditional local Village Lunch in Sigiriya
- Service of an English Speaking Chauffeur Guide
- Hotel Pick-up and Drop-off
- Transportation by Air-Condition fully insured vehicles (Sedan Car or Van)
- All Parking and Highway Toll charges where applicable
- 1 Bottled Water per person
Why book with TRODLY
- Best Price Guarantee
- Verified customer reviews that help you make the right decision.
- Qualified operators. All partner operators selected after rigorous system of checks.
- Free Cancellation on Most Trips
- Only Best Trips - Our team of travel experts bring uniquely local, safe, and exciting experiences to the community.
- 100% Secured Payments
Meet-up Information/Reporting Point
₹ 6605.32 Per Person