Sigiriya & Dambulla Day Tour from Colombo
Sigiriya and Dambulla are recognized as a world heritage sites and Sigiriya was also nominated as the 8th wonder of the world. Visit the best preserved cave temple, Dambulla temple(also known as Golden temple). These caves are filled with religious paintings and sculptures. A 15m long sculpture of Buddha is the highlight of this place. The frescos on the walls and ceilings are from the 15th century and they depict scenes from the life of Buddha. One of the largest caves is the Cave 2 which contains 150 artistic statues. Sigiriya, the most beautiful historic monuments in Sri Lanka. It is located between Dambulla and Habarana . This astounding rock structure is 200 meters higher than the surrounding . This fort includes remains of a ruined palace. Sigiriya served as a monastery during the 3rd century BC. Later during 5th century King Kasyapa used this cave as his adobe while he was on an exile. Originally designed to resemble a lion, now the upper body is completely ruined. Ride on the back of an elephant at the Habarana Elephant Safari.
- Sigiriya Lion Rock - an ancient landmark built over huge granite rock
- Golden Temple housing 157 Buddha sculptures
- One of the oldest clifftop gardens in the world
- UNESCO listed Dambulla Cave Temple
- Artistic 5th century Frescoes and Mirror Wall
- Enjoy the breath-taking views while at the Lions Rock.
- Sigiriya museum and Village Experience Tour
- 6:30-7.30am: The tour starts with your hotel pick-up from Colombo, Negombo or Mount Lavinia. Your very own chauffeur guide drives you to Sigiriya which is the first stop on your itinerary (Travel time: 3 to 4 hours)
- 10:00-11am: Arrive in Sigiriya and climb the Sigiriya Rock Fortress which is known as one of the wonders of the world.
- 12:30-1:00pm: Enjoy a traditional lunch at a local house prepared by the village women (At your own cost)
- 1:00-2:00pm: You can experience a Bullock Cart Ride while enjoying sightseeing the rural village life. And then your next adventure could be a “Catamaran Safari” (Double paired canoe joined together with seating facility) at the scenic lake.
- 3:00pm: Arrive at Dambulla and visit the cave temple (Unesco World Heritage Site)
- 4:00pm: Leave Dambulla and proceed towards Colombo
- 8:00pm approx: Arrive back at your hotel in Colombo
- Roundtrip Transportation in Private Air Conditioned vehicle (Sedan Car or Van)
- Hotel Pick-up and Drop-off
- Service of an English Speaking Chauffeur Guide
- All Parking and Highway Toll charges where applicable
- 2 complimentary bottles of 500ml mineral water per person
Why book with TRODLY
- Best Price Guarantee
- Verified customer reviews that help you make the right decision.
- Qualified operators. All partner operators selected after rigorous system of checks.
- Free Cancellation on Most Trips
- Only Best Trips - Our team of travel experts bring uniquely local, safe, and exciting experiences to the community.
- 100% Secured Payments
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Not a problem, you can still make the booking and mention the same in pick-up address filed. Once your hotel arrangements are finalized, you can contact us our local operator directly with your hotel details.
5 travellers found this helpful
Sigiriya and Dambulla are all year round destinations. If you are starting from Colombo, it would be advisable to start by 06.30am.
2 travellers found this helpful
Meet-up Information/Reporting Point
₹ 9713.34 Per Vehicle
Get trip inspirations, offers and more.