Kandy & Pinnawala Private Day trip with Lunch from Colombo
See baby elephants roaming around their cosy foster home, enjoying their lunch, or taking a bath at Pinnawala Elephant Orphanage. Visit the Temple of Tooth Relic followed by Kandy museum and a leisurely walk by the Kandy Lake.
- Elephant Bathing in River.
- Feeding of baby elephants by a bottle of milk.
- Photo opportunity with elephants.
- Temple of Tooth in Kandy.
- City tour with upper lake drive, market square, gem lapidary, and more.
- Lunch is included.
- At 6:00 AM, you will be received from your hotel in Colombo, Mount Lavinia or Negombo and then proceed to Kandy, en route to visit Pinnawala Elephant Orphanage.
- The Pinnawala Elephant Orphanage provides visitors with a chance of seeing elephants up close. The orphanage was established in 1975 with seven orphaned elephants.
- Today some of these orphans enjoy the fortune of seeing their calves born in the same location. Assisted by local and foreign elephant experts, Pinnawala commenced a successful captive breeding program and the first baby elephant was born in 1984.
- It is most interesting to visit at feeding time to see the baby elephants being bottle-fed and the entire herd taken for a bath thereafter to the river nearby.
- You will reach Pinnawala at 9:00 AM to experience the elephant feeding at 9:15 AM.
- On completion of this visit, you will drive to Kandy in time for lunch at Oakray Restaurant.
- After lunch, you will do the city tour of Kandy including a visit to the temple of the sacred Tooth Relic, upper lake drive, market square, gem lapidary, and more.
- Kandy, the hill capital, is another “World Heritage Site”. It was the last stronghold of the Sinhalese Kings during the Portuguese, Dutch and British rule and finally ceded to the British in 1815 after an agreement.
- To the Buddhists of Sri Lanka and the World, Kandy is one of the most sacred sites as it is the home of the “Dalada Maligawa” – Temple of the Sacred Tooth Relic of Lord Buddha. Close by are the remains of the Royal Palace (“Maha Wasala”), “Palle Wasala”- where the Queens stayed-now used for the National Museum,
- “Meda Wasala” where other close relatives lived, Audience Hall, Natha Devala and Vishnu Devala are situated close by. The Bathing Pavilion (“Ulpenge”) is by the Lake and in the Center of the lake is the Island called “Kiri Samudraya” (Milk white ocean) used by the kings as the summerhouse.
- Today it is the centre of Buddhism, Arts, Crafts, Dancing, Music and Culture.
- After the completion of the tour, you would be dropped back to your hotel in Colombo.
- Hotel pickup and drop-off by an air conditioned vehicle in Colombo, Mount Lavinia or Negombo.
- All sightseeing tours with the service of an English Speaking chauffeur guide.
- Lunch at Oakray restaurant.
- Entrance fees to the sites.
- All government taxes.
Why book with TRODLY
- Best Price Guarantee
- Verified customer reviews that help you make the right decision.
- Qualified operators. All partner operators selected after rigorous system of checks.
- Free Cancellation on Most Trips
- Only Best Trips - Our team of travel experts bring uniquely local, safe, and exciting experiences to the community.
- 100% Secured Payments
- Full refund if cancelled before* 48 hour
- 50% refund if cancelled before 24 hour
- No refund after that
Meet-up Information/Reporting Point
₹ 9517.19 Per Person
Get trip inspirations, offers and more.