Lunuganga Estate, Madu River Safari and Kosgoda Turtles Tour
Admire the remarkable architecture at the Lunuganga Estate which was once the home of lawyer turned architect Sir Geoffrey Bawa. This estate was his country home where he also practised his architecture and interior design. Parts of this estate were later converted to a hotel. It has well designed gardens and a tranquil atmosphere. Kosgoda Turtle Hatchery is a must visit place where you can come across different species of turtles. Here you can also get to hold these baby turtles and also feed them.Head to the coastal town of Sri Lanka, Balapitiya lying within dense forest. Thanks to the lagoon created by the Madu River this place is rich in biodiversity and the place is a real treat to the eye. Drift away along the river through the thick mangrove forest. Visit the Buddhist Monastery located on one of the island of the Madu River which is famous for cinnamon harvesting. If you are up for it try the relaxing fish massage at a nearby massage palour in the middle of the river. Get the famous ‘fish massage ’ while sitting on the deck of the hut with your feet in the water, while the fish work their magic.
- Experience a lovely Cruise along the Madu River on a Motorboat and enjoy the River scenery
- Visit the Kosgoda Sea Turtle Hatchery and see baby turtles, understand turtle conservation project
- Visit Sir Geoffrey Bawa’s Lunuganga Estate renowned for its architecture and gardens
- 8:00am: Tour starts with pick-up from your Colombo Hotel
- 10:00am: Arrive at Bentota and first place we visit is Sir Geoffrey Bawa’s estate in Lunuganga
- 11:30am: Head to Kosgoda by approximately and visit Turtle Hatchery.
- 1:00pm: Have lunch at a place of your choice (At your own expense) and proceed to Balapitiya
- 2:00pm: Arrive at Balapitiya for Madu River Safari.
- 3:30pm: Depart for Colombo
- 5:30pm Approx: Arrive at Colombo Hotel
- Entrance fees to Lunuganga Estate and Kosgoda Turtle Hatchery
- 1 Boat Safari at Madu River
- Service of an English Speaking Chauffeur Guide
- Hotel Pick-up and Drop-off
- Transportation by Air-Condition fully insured vehicles (Sedan Car or Van)
- All Parking and Highway Toll charges where applicable
- 1-liter Bottled Water per person.
Why book with TRODLY
- Best Price Guarantee
- Verified customer reviews that help you make the right decision.
- Qualified operators. All partner operators selected after rigorous system of checks.
- Free Cancellation on Most Trips
- Only Best Trips - Our team of travel experts bring uniquely local, safe, and exciting experiences to the community.
- 100% Secured Payments
Meet-up Information/Reporting Point
₹ 6946.92 Per Person
Get trip inspirations, offers and more.