Horton Plains and Pedro Tea Factory Tour from Nuwara Eliya
The hilly region of Nuwara Eliya is one destination that all nature lovers will surely enjoy. Visit the amazing Horton Plains National Park, a UNESCO recognized World Heritage Site. Walk the trails of this park where you get to see the nature at its best. The best part of this trip is the breathtaking view from the Nature’s End Viewpoint. You may also come across some rare species of wild animals like Hump Nosed Lizard, highland birds like the Flycatcher, Bush Warbler, Yellow eared Bulbul and much more. Continue your journey to the beautiful Baker Falls.
After a scrumptious lunch head to the Tea Plantation and Pedro Tea Factory where you get to go behind the scenes of manufacturing the tea products. You must also know that Sri Lanka is the world’s 4th largest tea exporter and is responsible for 25% of the world’s tea export. Make sure to taste the delicious Ceylon tea before you head back.
- Enjoy a guided nature walk at Horton Plains National Park
- Visit Baker's Falls and see amazing views from World's End
- Learn about tea cultivation and production at a local plantation and Pedro Tea Factory
- 6:00am - Trip starts with early morning pick-up from Hotel in Nuwara Eliya. We drive towards Horton Plains National Park
- 7:30-11:00am - We do a guided walk along the park's marked trail to a viewpoint known as World’s End. We may spot highland bird species including the Sri Lanka White-eye, Dull-blue Flycatcher, Sri Lanka Bush Warbler, and Yellow-eared Bulbul. You can also get to see Bear Monkey, and Sambar (Sri Lanka’s largest species of deer) which are regularly seen in the plains close to the entrance.
- 11.30am - Continue walking up to Baker's Falls, named after the explorer, Sir Samuel Baker.
- 12:30pm - Drive to Nuwara Eliya for an included lunch.
- 2:00-3:00pm - Enjoy your lunch at the Summer Hill Breeze Hotel
- 3:30-5pm - Visit the Tea Plantation and Pedro Tea Factory to learn about tea production and its significance to the Sri Lankan economy.
- After sightseeing, you will be dropped back off at your hotel where the trip ends.
- Hotel Pick-up and Drop-off
- Horton Plains National Park Entry Fees
- Lunch at Summer Hill Breeze Hotel
- Service of an English Speaking Chauffeur Guide
- Transportation by Air-Condition fully insured vehicles (Sedan Car or Van)
- All Parking and Highway Toll charges where applicable
Why book with TRODLY
- Best Price Guarantee
- Verified customer reviews that help you make the right decision.
- Qualified operators. All partner operators selected after rigorous system of checks.
- Free Cancellation on Most Trips
- Only Best Trips - Our team of travel experts bring uniquely local, safe, and exciting experiences to the community.
- 100% Secured Payments
Meet-up Information/Reporting Point
₹ 4529.85 Per Person
Get trip inspirations, offers and more.