Dambulla Cave Temple & Village Tour with Lunch
Dambulla is the central point of the cultural trainable. Dambulla rock temple that was built by King Walagambahu in the 1st century B.C. and it is a World Heritage Site. It is the most impressive of Sri Lanka's cave temples. During this tour you will get a chance to explore this wonderful world heritage site and experience traditional Sri Lankan village life with all its authenticity. You will enjoy the sightseeing of paddy fields, bullock cart ride, Traditional catamaran ride in a lake, visit to a chena cultivation, traditional cooking demonstration in a rural village house and authentic Sri Lankan lunch.
- Visit one of the UNESCO world heriutage sites - Dambulla
- Experience traditional Sri Lankan village life with all its authenticity
- 8:30am - You will be picked up by TukTuk and driven to the Cave Temple of Dambulla
- 9:00am - Visit Dambulla Cave temple. The complex of five caves with over 2000 sq. meters of painted walls and ceilings, is the largest area of paintings found in the world. It contains over 150 images of the Buddha and the largest is the colossal figure of the Buddha carved out of rock and spanning 14 meters.
- 11:30am - Arrive at a rural village of Dambulla and proceed with a small walk before starting the bullock cart ride. Passing some wonderful paddy fields and other countryside attractions, you will arrive at a beautiful lake where you will experience an unforgettable traditional catamaran ride. Also enjoy an authentic Sri Lankan Village Lunch.
- 3:00pm - You will be taken back to your hotel by TukTuk.
- Hotel Pick-up and Drop-off
- Service of an English Speaking Guide
- Roundtrip Transportation in private TukTuk
- Entrance Fee to Dambulla Cave Temple
- Bullock Cart Ride
- Traditional Catamaran Ride
- Traditional Cooking Demonstration
- Authentic Sri Lankan Lunch
Why book with TRODLY
- Best Price Guarantee
- Verified customer reviews that help you make the right decision.
- Qualified operators. All partner operators selected after rigorous system of checks.
- Free Cancellation on Most Trips
- Only Best Trips - Our team of travel experts bring uniquely local, safe, and exciting experiences to the community.
- 100% Secured Payments
Meet-up Information/Reporting Point
₹ 3470.05 Per Person
Get trip inspirations, offers and more.