Sigiriya Rock Fortress and Village Tour from Dambulla
Explore the culture and heritage of Sri Lanka on this full-day private tour. Stroll through a typical Sri Lankan village with a local guide, then take a boat and a bullock cart to a village house for lunch. Then visit Sigiriya, a UNESCO World Heritage site often referred to as the "Eighth Wonder of the World."
- Visit one of the UNESCO world heritage sites in Sri Lanka - Sigiriya Rock Fortress
- Experience the traditional lifestyle of a Sri Lankan Village
- 8:00am - You will be picked up from your hotel and driven to Sigiriya by TukTuk.
- 8:30am - Climb the 5th century rock fortress of Sigiriya. its toadstool of golden-hued granite protruding into the blue sky from a hot, flat wilderness of scrubland. During the rainy seasons, this scrubland is transformed into to a water garden. Climb the steps to the Sigiriya's summit, where you can find ruins of King Kashyapa's palace, built in the 5th century, and admire scenic views as far as the eye can see.
- 11:30am - Arrive at a rural village in Sri Lanka and experience an authentic village life with a Traditional Sri Lankan Lunch. Look out for wildlife such as birds, butterflies, and maybe even crocodiles at the manmade reservoir where villagers wash clothes or fish at the periphery of the lake. Hop into a boat for a short cruise across the lake, then climb into a bullock cart which will take you to a village house.
- 3:00pm - You will be taken back to your hotel.
- Hotel Pick-up and Drop-off
- Entrance Fee to Sigiriya
- Service of an English Speaking Chauffeur Guide
- Local Guide during Village hike
- Traditional Lunch at a Village home
- Expenses of personal nature
- Any video/still camera fee to the monuments
- Gratuities (optional)
- Any others expenses which are not mentioned in Inclusions
Why book with TRODLY
- Best Price Guarantee
- Verified customer reviews that help you make the right decision.
- Qualified operators. All partner operators selected after rigorous system of checks.
- Free Cancellation on Most Trips
- Only Best Trips - Our team of travel experts bring uniquely local, safe, and exciting experiences to the community.
- 100% Secured Payments
- You will receive complete Operator information, including local telephone numbers at your destination, in your Booking Confirmation Voucher
- Children 4 Years +11 months and younger are complimentary when accompanied by a paying adult.
- This activity is not wheelchair accessible.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Sigiriya is a year round destination and can be visited any time of the year. If you are visiting between February to April though then you can probably avoid rain and warm temperatures.
4 travellers found this helpful
Yes Sigiriya Rock has stairs to go on top. An entry ticket (comes as part of most tours) is required to get the access. It is a bit of an effort to climb all the stairs but stunning views from the top make it totally worth it!
4 travellers found this helpful
Meet-up Information/Reporting Point
- Meet & Greet your friendly driver at your Hotel lobby in Dambulla or Sirigiya
- Operator will be in contact with you to coordinate the pick up time.
- The driver will pick you up directly from your hotel or specified pick up point. Please enter the pick up location at the checkout page
₹ 7233.06 Per Person
Similar Exciting Activities
Also viewed by other travellers
Get trip inspirations, offers and more.