Nuwara Eliya Day Tour with Lunch
Known as Little England, the town of Nuwara Eliya enjoys spring-like weather throughout the year. A favorite retreat of the British during colonial times, the town is dotted with English country style houses and half-timbered bungalows. During this tour you will visit Hanuman Temple, Tea Plantation and Tea Factory, Gregory Lake, 19th century Golf Club, Sita Amman Temple and Hakgala gardens.
- Visit Tea Plantation / Tea Factory
- Ramayana sites visit
- 7:00am - You will be picked up from your hotel in Kandy and driven to Nuwara Eliya
- 8:30am - Reach at Ramboda and visit the waterfall. Ramboda waterfall is not a single waterfall and it has two stairs. The upside of the main road of Ramboda place, there is another waterfall.
- 9:00am - Visit Hanuman Temple. A temple that has been built as a presiding deity with five meters tall granite statue of Rama's devoted supporter, Hanuman. Hanuman is believed to have started his searching for Seeta in the Baroda hills.
- 10:00am - Tea had been one of the main export in Sri Lanka for by-gone decades. On your way, you will see acres & acres of greenery, tea plantations all around. Step in to a tea factory and experience the glimpse of Ceylon tea making process and taste a cup of pure Ceylon tea.
- 12:00pm - Visit Gregory Lake. Gregory Lake was the most prominent attraction in the area and was used a place to relax by many visitors.
- 12:30pm - Lunch at Calamander Lake Gregory.
- 2:00pm - Visit Sri Seetha Amman temple which is a unique temple situated in Nuwara Eliya. This is believed to be the place where Seeta lived most of the time of her captivity according to the historical Legend of Ramayana.
- 2:30pm - Visit Hakgala Gardens. Hakgala is one of the most beautiful hill country botanical gardens in Asia. The garden was established in the British colonial era in 1861. It stands as the highest set Botanical Garden in the world with an elevation of 5000 – 6000 feet.
- 4:00pm - Do a panoramic tour in Nuwara Eliya city including a visit to the Golf Course.
- 5:00pm - Leave Nuwara Eliya and proceed back to your hotel in Kandy. You will arrive at your hotel approximately at 8:00pm.
- Roundtrip Transportation in Private Air Conditioned vehicle (Sedan Car or Van)
- Hotel Pick-up and Drop-off
- Service of an English Speaking Chauffeur Guide
- Entrance Fees at attractions
- Lunch at Calamander Lake Gregory
- All Parking and Highway Toll charges where applicable
Why book with TRODLY
- Best Price Guarantee
- Verified customer reviews that help you make the right decision.
- Qualified operators. All partner operators selected after rigorous system of checks.
- Free Cancellation on Most Trips
- Only Best Trips - Our team of travel experts bring uniquely local, safe, and exciting experiences to the community.
- 100% Secured Payments
Meet-up Information/Reporting Point
₹ 5786.45 Per Person