Hiriwadunna Village Day Tour
Explore the rural village of Hiriwadunna on this half-day trip traveling by Safari Jeep into the Sri Lankan countryside, where you will enjoy an authentic Sri Lankan lunch at the end of this tour.
With a visit to the Hiriwadunna Village on a jeep safari you get to explore the village lifestyle. On this half day tour through the Hiriwadunna village you get to ride on a bullock cart, go on a boat ride, visit the paddy and vegetable plantations, watchout for the colorful birds and butterflies, go fishing at the fishing village and much more. Arrive at the village from Sigiriya on a Safari jeep, go on a refreshing trek through the woods. Go on a boat ride through the river and upon reaching the other end hop on a bullock cart and ride through the village. You get to see lush green paddy fields, workers working in the fields, small streams of fresh water flowing through the fields, vegetable plantations and people sitting outside their small but beautiful houses. Visit the man made reservoir and the fishing village to do some fishing of your own. Get to taste the authentic Sri Lankan meal at a nearby house in the village.
- Take a private trip to the small Sri Lankan village of Hiriwadunna
- Scout for butterflies, birds, and the occasional crocodile at the village reservoir
- Ride aboard a traditional bullock cart
- Includes a traditional Sri Lankan lunch served in a typical village house
Get picked up in the morning from your hotel in either Sigiriya or Dambulla aboard a Safari Jeep. Spend the next 30 minutes driving to Hiriwadunna, enjoying the cool morning breeze as you travel through the lush Sri Lankan countryside.
Arrive in Hiriwadunna and proceed to the manmade reservoir that lies near the village’s outskirts. Along the water’s edge you’re likely to observe birds, butterflies and the occasional crocodile, as well as a number of villagers as they go about daily chores like fishing and laundry.
Continue your small village excursion by crossing the lake by boat, after which you’ll enjoy a ride aboard a traditional “bullock cart” through the area’s rice paddies and vegetable plantations. You’ll eventually reach a village house where you can partake in a traditional Sri Lankan-style lunch.
After your meal, you’ll be transferred back to your hotel in either Dambulla or Sigiriya.
- Hotel Pick-up and Drop-off by Safari Jeep
- Service of an English Speaking Local Guide
- Entrance fees
- Traditional Lunch at a Village house
Why book with TRODLY
- Best Price Guarantee
- Verified customer reviews that help you make the right decision.
- Qualified operators. All partner operators selected after rigorous system of checks.
- Free Cancellation on Most Trips
- Only Best Trips - Our team of travel experts bring uniquely local, safe, and exciting experiences to the community.
- 100% Secured Payments
Meet-up Information/Reporting Point
₹ 2559.24 Per Person
Get trip inspirations, offers and more.