Sigiriya and Dambulla Day Trip from Kandy with Lunch
The most famous tourist attraction of Sigiriya is the mighty rock fortress built by King Kasyapa. This monument is called as the 8th wonder of the world by the locals. During the 14th century this was converted into a Buddhist monastery. Visit the Royal Gardens which is made of beautiful landscape. Climb up this mighty rock to see the Boulder Garden and the Terrace Garden. You also get to see 1600 years old beautiful Frescos within the fort.
After a simple yet delicious lunch at a local restaurant, head to the city of Dambulla. Visit the main attraction of this city, the Dambulla Cave Temple Complex which is made of 5 caves. See the 46 meters long statue of Buddha which is completely carved out of rocks. Cave of the Great Kings is one of the largest caves within this complex which is made up of 40 seated Buddha statues and cave paintings on the ceilings and on the walls.
- Visit the UNESCO-listed Sigiriya Rock Fortress and Golden Temple of Dambulla
- Hear personalized commentary from a knowledgeable guide
- 6:00am - You will be picked up by an air conditioned vehicle from your hotel in Kandy and driven to Sigiriya
- 9:00am - Arrive at Sigiriya and climb the 5th-century rock fortress. Sigiriya is famous for its toadstool of golden-hued granite, protruding into the searing blue sky from a hot, flat wilderness of scrub-land, which is transformed in the rainy season to a water garden.
- 12:00pm - Enjoy Lunch at Oak Ray Inamaluwa Restaurant
- 1:30pm - Visit Dambulla Cave temple that was built by King Walagambahu in the 1st century B.C. and it is a World Heritage Site. It is the most impressive of Sri Lanka's cave temples. The complex of five caves with over 2000 sq. meters of painted walls and ceilings, is the largest area of paintings found in the world.
- 3:30pm - You will be taken back to your hotel in Kandy.
- 6:30pm - Arrive at your hotel in Kandy
- Hotel Pick-up and Drop-off by an Air-conditioned vehicle in Kandy.
- Sightseeing tours with service of an English-Speaking Chauffeur Guide
- Entrance Fees to the sites
- Mineral water during the tour
- Lunch at Oakray Inamaluwa Restaurant
Why book with TRODLY
- Best Price Guarantee
- Verified customer reviews that help you make the right decision.
- Qualified operators. All partner operators selected after rigorous system of checks.
- Free Cancellation on Most Trips
- Only Best Trips - Our team of travel experts bring uniquely local, safe, and exciting experiences to the community.
- 100% Secured Payments
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Sigiriya is a year round destination and can be visited any time of the year. If you are visiting between February to April though then you can probably avoid rain and warm temperatures.
4 travellers found this helpful
Yes Sigiriya Rock has stairs to go on top. An entry ticket (comes as part of most tours) is required to get the access. It is a bit of an effort to climb all the stairs but stunning views from the top make it totally worth it!
4 travellers found this helpful
Meet-up Information/Reporting Point
₹ 7813.63 Per Person
Get trip inspirations, offers and more.