Three Temples Tour in Kandy
Visiting three of the most ancient and historically important temples that are within an easy walking distance to another is a memorable expedition for a heritage lover. The three temples (Embekke, Lankathilaka, Gadaladeniya) have been built in the 14th century before the Kandyan Kingdom was fully established.
- Vist most ancient and historically important temples in Kandy
- Explore most elaborate and complex wood carvings of Sri Lanka
- 9:00am - You will be picked up from your hotel in Kandy by an Air Conditioned car.
- 9:00am - Visit Embekke temple. Embekke is famous for the intricately carved wooden pillars of its bigger, or drum hall. each pillar had a different pattern carved into each of its four sides. peacocks entwined swans, wrestlers, dragons, dancers, horsemen and soldiers.
- 9:45am - Visit Lankatilake Temple. Lankatilake is perhaps the finest temple in the district. An impressively solid-looking structure built on a huge rock outcrop and painted a pale blue rather than the usual white.
- 10:30am - Visit Gadaladeniya Temple. Gadaladeniya built on a rocky outcrop and covered with small pools, the temple is reached by a series of steps cut into the rock. This Buddhist temple with a Hindu extension is a similar age to the Lankatilake Temple and the Embekka Devale.
- 11:15am - You will be taken back to your hotel in Kandy. You will arrive at your hotel approximately at 12:30
- Roundtrip Transportation in Private Air Conditioned vehicle (Sedan Car or Van)
- Hotel Pick-up and Drop-off
- Entrance Fee during sightseeing
- Service of an English Speaking Chauffeur Guide
- All Parking and Highway Toll charges where applicable
- Water Bottles
Meet-up Information/Reporting Point
₹ 2514.75 Per Person