Rangat & Diglipur - 4 Day Trip from Port Blair
Rangat island 170 kms by road from Port Blair is an eco tourism hub and popular for Amkunj beach, Cutbert Bay a turtle nesting ground, Dhaninallah mangrove walk and Yerratta mangrove park. Dhaninallah Mangrove Nature Walk is a wooden broadwalk meandering mangrove creeks for a distance of 713 mtr and longest walkway of its kind in the country.
Diglipur Town (325 KMs. approx. 12 hrs. By road from Port Blair) Situated in North Andaman Island, Diglipur provides a rare experience for eco-friendly tourists. It is famous for its oranges, rice and marine life. Kalpong, the only river of Andaman flows here. The only Kalpong Hydro-electric power project of the islands is on this river. One can feel the innocent beauty of village life everywhere in Diglipur. One who prefers to be away from the hustle and humdrum of urban life must come here to enjoy unhurried and quiet holidays. Popular attractions at Diglipur include the below spots:
1. Lamiya Bay Beach: The beach lies a few kilometers ahead of Kalipur beach and marks the foothill of Saddle Peak, the highest peak (732 mtrs.) of Andaman and Nicobar Islands. To reach Lamiya Bay, take the road that goes to Kalipur beach from the jetty, and go ahead of the Kalipur beach via Aerial Bay jetty, the nearest sea port of the place. One can have a long and intense moment of solitude at the beach, while sitting on the rocks and hearing the waves crash against the rocks that produces a melodious sound and brings peace and calmness to the mind.
2. Kalipur Beach & Turtle Nestling Ground: Andaman and Nicobar Islands are also home to thousands of turtles during their nesting period. During the winter months of Dec/Jan, turtle nesting takes place in Andaman and Nicobar Islands. Turtle nesting takes place at Kalipur beach at Diglipur also like Karmatang beach at Mayabunder. There are facilities provided by Forest Department, for Turtle Nesting at Kalipur Beach. It is also another World’s Exclusive Turtle Nestling Area.
Day 1: Early morning at the above given time, proceed to Rangat. Visit Dhaninallah, Morice Dera beach and Yeratta Mangrove Park. Head ahead to reach Mayabunder and overnight stay at the hotel suggested.
Day 2: Early morning after breakfast, we drive to Diglipur and check-in at the Resort. Rest of the day we relax.
Day 3: Early morning after breakfast, cover tour to Kalipur Beach and turtle nestling ground and after half a day proceed for Lamiya Bay Beach and ending the tour with overnight stay at the hotel.
OPTIONAL Trip on Day 3: Early morning after breakfast, proceed for Ross & Smith Islands, which takes about a day and if time persists can cover the above attractions too which are very close to the resort which is suggested for stay as below. Ross & Smith Island trip requires around 25 minutes to half an hour charter boat journey from jetty and then after few hours of sightseeing tour getting back onto the same boat and back to jetty. (Choose add-on)
Day 4: Early morning, after Breakfast, checkout from the hotel to reach Port Blair back via the same route by late evening.
- Prtivate transport in SUV Vehicle
- Pick Up + Drop from Port Blair to Diglipur via Rangat and back.
- Sightseeing tour as per itinerary
- All Permits and island entry permits
- Ferry charges
- Driver allowances, surcharges parking, tips, vehicle charges, vehicle permits, boat tickets etc.
- 01 Mineral water bottle each at start of trip.
- 03 Nights Stay / accommodation / boarding / lodging at the above given hotel with breakfast on CP Plan in standard double bedded A/C rooms on twin shared basis.
- Accommodation in Port Blair
- Lunch or Dinner are not included in the package.
- Anything not mentioned in Inclusions.
- Vehicles Included: All SUV / MUV / LUV / Scorpio / TATA Sumo / Xylo.
- Hotels Included: Pristine Beach Resort, Diglipur. (Premium Economy ***)
- Child of age below 05 years will be complimentary in the entire package
- Extra meals like lunch or dinner will be charged at INR 350/- per person per meal
- Non-A/C Hotel Rooms can be arranged
- Standard rooms are not available in this hotel. Deluxe rooms are the starting suits here.
- 100% refund if cancelled before 30 days
- 75% refund if cancelled before 15 days
- 50% refund if cancelled before 7 days
- No refund after that
Meet-up Information/Reporting Point:
Pick-up from Port Blair Hotel
₹ 9290 Per Person