Jolly Buoy Island and Wandoor Beach Day Trip
Jolly Buoy Island is famous for its underwater corals and the pristine, untouched clear beach. Turquoise colored waters, scenic views, preserved beaches and breathtaking rides is what Jolly Bouy Island has to offer.The white sand is comfortingly warm and the crystal waters wave invitingly. It’s a part of the Mahatma Gandhi National Park and is therefore protected well – allowing the native species to thrive without much human interference
Wandoor Beach only 25km from Port Blair, Wandoor Beach is vast and overlooks Jolly Buoy Island. The sand is bright and clean – perfect for lounging – and the water is famous for its corals. Boats to Jolly Buoy island leave from Wandoor Beach (by 7.30am) and back (1.30-2.30pm). Little shacks for food and refreshments are dotted all over the beach - leaving no tourists wanting nothing else.
- Watch beautiful marine life, awesome underwater corals from glass bottomed boats.
- Take a swim or a dip in the pristine blue waters and watch the white silk sands at your feet.
- Have a memorable excursion surrounding the perfect pristine sea.
- A visit to one of India's most well preserved Natural Eco-system
- Guests will be picked-up from their hotel /accommodation by 6:30am.
- Your trip begins at 7:30 AM from Mahatma Gandhi Marine National Park by boat. The prior permit and ticket required before riding the boat is already arranged by us.
- The scenic boat ride takes you to Jolly Buoy Island/Red Skin Island. Here you board glass bottom boats.
- Glass bottom boats show you underwater corals and marine life around reef off Jolly Buoy island
- Spend your day swimming and snorkeling at the beaches of Jolly Buoy Island.
- From Jolly Buoy island, we take boat ride back from wjere we take you to Wandoor beach where you spend your evening.
- Post Journey, you will follow the same route to reach Port Blair and dropped back to your hotel/resort by 3:00pm.
- All Transfers in Private AC Vehicle (Xylo, Scorpio, Ertiga or similar)
- Including Pick up, Drop and Entry tickets
- All Permits
- Boat Ride to the Islands
- Wandoor Beach Visit
- Chauffeur cum Guide
- Inclusive of free coral viewing for 15 minutes in glass bottom boat each
- Complimentary Mineral water bottle each
- Any meals
- Scuba-diving or snorkeling (Can be availed by direct payment at Island)
- Any Accommodation
- Jolly Buoy island is CLOSED on Mondays.
- Make sure to reach Mahatma Gandhi Marine National Park beach before 7.30am. All the boats leave at the same time and come back together.
- Jolly buoy is a No Plastic zone, so avoid carrying any plastic bags.
- Jolly Buoy Island is a no man's land, so nothing is available on the island. You can pack water, snacks, swim wear, extra clothes, towels.
- Boats are operated by administration and there are some time delays in boat departures.
- 100% refund if cancelled before 7 days
- 50% refund if cancelled before 3 days
- No refund after that
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Yes all government on forest department permits needed for this trip are arranged by us and included in package. We would take each passenger's details from you once online booking is confirmed.
56 travellers found this helpful
No Jolly Buoy is an uninhabited island which means there are no such facilities available here. There are toilet and facilities to change clothes though. Marine Park department does set-up a temporary stall which sells cold-drinks and snacks.
11 travellers found this helpful
You can get your breakfast packed from hotel and have on the way in morning or have it at a restaurant near Wandoor docks/Marine Museum. For the trip carry enough eatables to last till afternoon. You can have proper lunch once back from trip by afternoon/late-afternoon.
70 travellers found this helpful
Meet-up Information/Reporting Point:
Pick-up from Hotels in Port Blair
₹ 1790 Per Person