Jolly Buoy Island and Wandoor Beach Day Trip
Jolly Buoy Island is a stunning destination and is one of the famous attractions of the Andaman Islands. The island is known for its pristine beaches with crystal clear water.
- Watch beautiful marine life, awesome underwater corals from glass-bottomed boats.
- Take a swim or a dip in the pristine blue waters and watch the white silk sands at your feet.
- Have a memorable excursion surrounding the perfect pristine sea.
- A visit to one of India's most well preserved Natural Eco-system
Jolly Buoy Island is famous for its underwater corals and the pristine, untouched clear beach. Turquoise coloured waters, scenic views, preserved beaches and breathtaking rides are what Jolly Bouy Island has to offer. The white sand is comfortingly warm and the crystal waters wave invitingly. It’s a part of the Mahatma Gandhi National Park and is therefore protected well – allowing the native species to thrive without much human interference
Wandoor Beach only 25km from Port Blair, Wandoor Beach is vast and overlooks Jolly Buoy Island. The sand is bright and clean – perfect for lounging – and the water is famous for its corals. Boats to Jolly Buoy island leave from Wandoor Beach (by 7.30am) and back (1.30-2.30pm). Little shacks for food and refreshments are dotted all over the beach - leaving no tourists wanting nothing else.
Please Note: Red Skin Island is open to tourists from 16th May to November. Jolly Buoy island is closed for this season.
- The driver will pick up the guests from their hotel/accommodation by 6:30 am and drive to Mahatma Gandhi Marine National Park.
- At 7:30 am the boat journey to the island starts from Mahatma Gandhi Marine National Park by boat.
- The permits and boat tickets are arranged for the guests and are included when booked through Trodly.
- It's 30-40-minute boat jetty ride to reach near Jolly Buoy Island/Red Skin Island.
- Just before the island, guests are shifted to a glass bottom boat which goes to the island.
- See underwater corals and marine life around the reef of Jolly Buoy on the Glass bottom boat ride.
- Explore Jolly Bouy Island on foot by taking a walk on the pre-defined route.
- Enjoy the swimming and other water activities at the beach of Jolly Bouy Island.
- From Jolly Buoy island take the boat ride back and start the road journey to Wandoor beach in a private cab.
- During the road journey, the guests can stop for refreshments.
- At end of the day tour, the guests will be dropped back to the hotel by 3:30 pm
- Charges for the private air-conditioned cab for hotel pick-up and drop
- Pick-up, drop from the hotel in Port Blair city limits only
- Service of a professional driver
- The island tour permit
- Jetty boat ride to the Island
- Glass bottom boat ride
- Transportation for Wandoor beach visit
Why book with TRODLY
- Best Price Guarantee
- Verified customer reviews that help you make the right decision.
- Qualified operators. All partner operators selected after rigorous system of checks.
- Free Cancellation on Most Trips
- Only Best Trips - Our team of travel experts bring uniquely local, safe, and exciting experiences to the community.
- 100% Secured Payments
- Full refund if cancelled before* 7 days
- 50% refund if cancelled before 3 days
- No refund after that
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Yes all government on forest department permits needed for this trip are arranged by us and included in package. We would take each passenger's details from you once online booking is confirmed.
62 travellers found this helpful
No Jolly Buoy is an uninhabited island which means there are no such facilities available here. There are toilet and facilities to change clothes though. Marine Park department does set-up a temporary stall which sells cold-drinks and snacks.
15 travellers found this helpful
You can get your breakfast packed from hotel and have on the way in morning or have it at a restaurant near Wandoor docks/Marine Museum. For the trip carry enough eatables to last till afternoon. You can have proper lunch once back from trip by afternoon/late-afternoon.
73 travellers found this helpful
Jolly buoy and Red Skin Island are open alternatively for 6 months at a time to protect underwater marine life and the live corals. Jolly Buoy Island opens from November to May while Red Skin Island is opened from May to November. Exact dates are announced by local administration.
Meet-up Information/Reporting Point
₹ 1690 Per Person
Get trip inspirations, offers and more.