Mount Harriet National Park Day Trip
The Mount Harriet National Park is covered with dense evergreen forests and contains some of the highest peaks in the Andaman islands. It can be visited by road (an hour) or ferry (20 minutes) from Port Blair. It has 19 species of birds, 27 species of reptiles and 12 species of mammals – among others. It’s perfect for photography, picnics, trekking, viewing natures, and catching a glimpse of history.
At Mount Harriet National Park, one can spend time by taking a wildlife tour and trek up to Madhuban. The trek on this natural trail is one of the most exotic experiences for any traveler coming to tour the Andaman Islands.
- This is a historic location imprinted on the back of the 20 Rupee note (but its defenitly worth more than that!!!).
- A drive through the twists and turns of the mountain road to reach Mount Harriet, the second highest peak(365 metres) of the Andaman Islands
- It is located 55 km by road from Port Blair but only 15 km by ferry. Mount Harriet is the highest peak in that area.
- During the colonial era this place served as the summer headquarters of the chief commissioner. There is a nature trek from this Mount Harriet to the nearby Madhuban forest. From there, can see the mighty Indian Ocean and the other Andaman Islands.
- Among the 9 national parks in Andaman, Mount Harriet is the best place worth your money and time. It is in the Ferrargunj tehsil of Port Blair and takes about an hour to reach. It is the second highest and the easiest to access peak of Andaman and Nicobar Islands.
- Watching the spectacular sunrise from the hill top with blue sea surrounding you is a view worth living for. The peace and calmness this place offers is unmatchable with any other locations in Andaman.
- Do not confuse it with the national parks that you find in mainland. It is not a park where you can see swings or find wild animals on a safari. It is a reserved area that comes under the Forest Department of Andaman and Nicobar Islands and one has to take a pass to enter the park.
- A little away from the main entrance of the park, one can see the picturesque view of North Bay Island.
- The view from the hill top will take your breath away, it will be heart breaking to go back.
- It is better to go there during the day and come back by the evening. Night halt is possible but not recommended.
Early in the morning, after breakfast, proceed by road towards Ferrargunj Tehsil, the next district division tehsil after Port Blair about 55 Kms. From Ferrargunj Junction via road diversion amidst NH 223 (proposed NH 4) to reach straight into the reserve forests areas entering the foothills towards to reach Mt, Harriet National Park.
Spend time exploring the area.
After the end of the day trip, return back to Port Blair via same route to have a halt for suggested night at Port Blair as desired.
- Pick up and drop to the hotel
- All travel in personal AC SUV Vehicle.
- 01 Mineral water bottle complimentary.
- Entry tickets, parking, vehicle ferry charges. Anything that is not mentioned.
- RAP, boat tickets, Island entry permits, national park tickets.
- Normal photography is complimentary.
- Any accommodation / lodging.
- Any meals / food / refreshments.
- Anything that is not mentioned.
- Any extra excursions or services apart from this.
- Indian & Foreign child or infant below 05 years are complimentary entirely.
- Chidyatapu evening sunset trip to Munda Pahad Beach can be added with this trip for extra charges.
- INR 250 extra charges per person for Foreign Nationals. Select while booking.
Select from the list of add-ons to customize this activity
Meet-up Information/Reporting Point:
Pick-up from Port Blair Hotel
₹ 1290 Per Person