Mount Harriet National Park Day Trip
Take a visit to Mount Harriet National park, which was the summer headquarters of the chief commissioner during the colonial era.
- Visit a historic location imprinted on the back of the 20 Rupee note (but its definitely worth more than that!)
- Witness the second highest peak in the area which is easily accessible.
- A little away from the main entrance of the park, one can see the picturesque view of North Bay Island.
- The view from the hilltop will take your breath away, it will be heartbreaking to go back.
The Mount Harriet National Park is covered with dense evergreen forests and contains some of the highest peaks in the Andaman islands. It can be visited by road (an hour) or ferry (20 minutes) from Port Blair. It has 19 species of birds, 27 species of reptiles and 12 species of mammals – among others. It’s perfect for photography, picnics, trekking, viewing natures, and catching a glimpse of history.
At Mount Harriet National Park, one can spend time by taking a wildlife tour and trek up to Madhuban. The trek on this nature trail is one of the most exotic experiences for any traveler coming to tour the Andaman Islands.
- The guests are picked up from the hotel in Port Blair as per the time chosen.
- We will proceed by road towards Ferrargunj Tehsil, which is about 55 km from Port Blair.
- We reach the reserve forest area entering the foothills of Mt. Harriet National Park.
- During the colonial era, this place served as the summer headquarters of the chief commissioner. Spend some time exploring around the region.
- It is the second highest and the easiest to access peak of Andaman and Nicobar Islands.
- Finally, the guests are dropped back to the hotel in Port Blair in the evening.
- Pick up and drop to the hotel in Port Blair (city limits only)
- All transfers in private air-conditioned vehicle.
- 1 Mineral water bottle complimentary.
- All entry tickets, permits.
- Normal photography is complimentary.
Meet-up Information/Reporting Point
₹ 1290 Per Person