Macro & Landscape Photography Tour at THAR DESERT
THAR DESERT has an amazing diversity of life…be it birds, mammals or reptiles. It actually makes one wonder if the deserts are literally deserted?! The massive stretch of sand may seem endless but actually it’s not deserted at all…it buzzes with wildlife be it a day or a night.
The amazing sand dunes of Thar not only give one great photography opportunities but also provide important hands-on experience to witness how wildlife adapts and evolves itself to survive and thrive in extreme weather condition of its habitats. This is a great learning opportunity for budding naturalists and photographers as well. We will be sharing a lot of tips on photography as well as knowledge about the species, habitat and its conservation. The dunes take on a thousand different hues of spectacular beauty with every passing hour, making it perfect for experimenting time-lapse, HDRs, panorama and landscape shots too.
This tour is led by Vipul Ramanuj, a Herper and a well acclaimed wildlife photographer whose expertise in natural history and photography offers one a unique perspective of the natural world and opportunities to make iconic images of various species. Our primary focus during this workshop is Herp and Landscape Photography and we would be exploring beautiful sand dunes of Thar Desert for the same. Throughout the workshop our tour leader will share vital information on wildlife, its conservation and discuss various aspects of photography hands-on.
This workshop has a huge take away whether you are a beginner in photography or an expert, have keen interest in wildlife or simply wanting to explore the buzz of a Desert.
This is a wonderful opportunity to work closely with fellow photographers and wildlife enthusiasts as well. Our activities will involve making the most of the photographic opportunities PLUS gaining scientific field knowledge.
Our target species for this trip:
• Sochurek’s Saw-scaled Viper (Echis carinatus sochureki)
• Red-spotted Royal Snake (Spalerosophis arenarius)
• Sind Awl-headed Snake (Lytorhynchus paradoxus)
• Afro-asian Sand Snake (Psammophis schokari)
• Glossy-bellied Racer (Coluber ventromaculatus)
• Indian Sandfish (Ophiomorus raithmai)
• Keeled Rock Gecko (Cyrtodactylus scabrum)
• Persian Gecko (Hemidactylus persicus)
• Sind Sand Gecko (Crossbamon orientalis)
• Indian Fringe-toed Lizard (Acanthodactylus cantoris)
• Hardwicke’s Spiny-tailed Lizard (Saara hardwickii)
• Desert Monitor (Varanus griseus)
• Brilliant Agama (Trapelus agilis)
• Laungwala Toad-headed Agama (Bufoniceps laungwalansis)
This workshop will encompass:
• FOUR days of intense field work and photography. Our focus area would be around DESERT NATIONAL PARK (Thar Desert)
• Walking on sand dunes while scanning the area for wildlife while indulging in discussion on various species and its conservation status with the experts.
• Gain important field and practical experience both in terms of wildlife as well as photography.
• Learning nuances of photography in general with hands-on tips & techniques shared by experts in the field itself.
• Endless opportunities for Landscape Photography in particular.
• Night transects / hikes plus photography to experience the desert wildlife in the night.
• Experiment with your creativity with Macro, Time Lapse, HDRs, Panoramas, or capture some unique landscape images
Dates: 3rd to 6th September (4 DAYS)
Cost: ₹ 13,500 (Ex. Jaisalmer)
Due to many requests and difficulty in getting leaves from work for 4 days, we are glad to offer the flexibility of joining our photo-tours for 3 days as well :)
Dates: 4th to 6th September (3 Days)
Cost: ₹ 12,500 (Ex.Jaisalmer)
Travel: This trip is from Jaisalmer to Jaisalmer. The pick-up for the participants will be arranged from Jaisalmer. Our local mode of transport will be in Jeeps or similar vehicles.
- Pick-up on 3rd and Drop charges on 6th at Jaisalmer,
- Local transfers during the tour,
- Accommodation on Twin sharing,
- All meals, Expert charges,
- All park entry/permit charges wherever applicable.
- Beverages, Mineral water,
- Expenses of personal nature, tips
- Anything that’s not part of the includes list above.
This is purely a trip for gaining an experience in the field for nature photography and not a leisure trip. Bike N Hike strictly adheres to “Leave no trace” code of outdoor ethics.
Meet-up Information/Reporting Point:
The participants are requested to arrive at Jaisalmer on 3rd September by 07:00am. The pick up will be arranged as well as the drop on 6th September.