The Cemetery Lanes of Shimla
Take a guided walking tour of the cemeteries of Shimla and understand the heritage and enjoy the related stories of the ones who rest beneath the scenic city.
- Take a tour of the famous cemeteries of Shimla.
- Company of a knowledgeable guide/host to take you around.
The Cemeteries in Shimla are the most important part of the travel for British visitors. There were total five Cemeteries here out of which only one is in use. A number of descendants of many British who lived in Shimla, come here looking for their Family History. Just walk through these lanes and see some of the old houses and pass a suburb of Shimla where you have a chance to visit some of those who are resting in peace and the only hope for them is their descendants who sometimes come to pay homage to their graves.
Another group of some old Shimla citizens lies in the middle of a dense cedar forest where the sun rays through the cedars' branches pat them and keep them warm.
- We start at 9:30 am from your hotel in Shimla. Your Guide will come to pick you up.
- You will start walking to the Ridge Ground - the starting point of the walk.
- Visit Sanjauli Cemetery that is approachable through Lakkar Bazaar and pass Snowdon Hospital.
- From here you walk along the road to the Private graveyard of the Nuns of Chalsea at Nav Bahar.
- The walk ends at the Mall road but before that at 1:30 pm, a small and the oldest cemetery near Oakover is worth a visit.
- Post which you will be walking to the Mall Road and the guide will recommend a suitable place for lunch / drink.
- The total distance that you cover on foot 6 km.
- English Speaking Guide with good knowledge of this walk
- Mineral Water bottle for everyone
- Light snacks like Chocolates and Chips
- Lunch or any meals
- Transport (Hotel/Pick-up drop can be chosen while booking)
- Anything not mentioned in the inclusions
Why book with TRODLY
- Best Price Guarantee
- Verified customer reviews that help you make the right decision.
- Qualified operators. All partner operators selected after rigorous system of checks.
- Free Cancellation on Most Trips
- Only Best Trips - Our team of travel experts bring uniquely local, safe, and exciting experiences to the community.
- 100% Secured Payments
- Dress casually, wear sunglasses, and walking shoes
- Do not forget to carry an umbrella and a raincoat during the monsoon
- Kids below 5 yrs will not be charged
- Please Note: If your hotel is not in proper Shimla then you would need to report yourself at Ridge Ground by 9.45am
Meet-up Information/Reporting Point
Guide will meet at your Hotel/Residence in Shimla Proper otherwise meet at Ridge Ground at 9:45 am
₹ 600 Per Person
Similar Exciting Activities
Get trip inspirations, offers and more.