Dharavi Slum Group Walking Tour
This tour aims to dispel any notions that people may have of Dharavi being a place of misery, and are actually very inspiring. We show what people are capable of achieving despite adverse conditions.
- Walking tour of Asia's largest slum.
- Company of a knowledgeable guide/hosts.
- Visit all the significant spots in Dharavi slum.
- The most interesting thing, guide himself lives in the slums.
Dharavi is located in the city of Mumbai and is the largest slum in the continent of Asia with a population of about 700,000. It is also one of the most dense areas in the world with a population density of 277,136/km². The tour through the slum's narrow alleys is quite an adventure, and you will undoubtedly feel the strong sense of community and the special spirit that exists here. Dharavi became famous through the worldwide hit movie "Slumdog Millionaire" in 2008. You will find a wide range of activity in this mini-city such as plastic recycling, leather work, pottery, soap production, and also in schools and churches.
- Our hosts will meet you at Mahim West and you will proceed to the places to see after a quick introduction.
- During your walking tour, you will be visiting the following places:
- Place where Slumdog Millionaire was shot
- Leather industries
- Making of soap
- Colour Dye
- Small Alleys
- Schools & Hospitals
- Houses in Slum
- Plastic Recycling
- Muslim people making a shrine for Hindus
- Recycling of veg oil can
- Slum market
- After Dharavi slum tour, you along with the hosts will take a local train ride from Mahim Junction Station to Mahalaxmi Station to see the biggest open air laundry in the world.
- Service of a knowledgeable guide - English and hindi speaking guide
- Tour as per the suggested plan
Why book with TRODLY
- Best Price Guarantee
- Verified customer reviews that help you make the right decision.
- Qualified operators. All partner operators selected after rigorous system of checks.
- Free Cancellation on Most Trips
- Only Best Trips - Our team of travel experts bring uniquely local, safe, and exciting experiences to the community.
- 100% Secured Payments
Meet-up Information/Reporting Point
₹ 400 Per Person