Same Day Trip To Gulmarg From Srinagar
- Same day tour of Gulmarg from Srinagar and back.
- The driver will pick you up from your hotel at the prefered time.
- The journey from Srinagar to Gulmarg is around 60 km and takes up to 2 to 2.5 hours.
- Explore Gulmarg on your own by going for a Gondola cable car ride to Khilanmarg Snow point and Gold course.
- Local taxis are only allowed for sightseeing in Gulmarg, which can be booked from the taxi stand in Gulmarg.
- Start your trip after breakfast at 9 am or 10 am, well start our journey back from Gulmarg at 4 pm.
Located at a height of 8825 ft, Gulmarg is of 60 km from Srinagar. Gulmarg is also popular for the cable car ( ropeway ) locally known as Gondola.
The original named Gaurimarg by shepherds, Gulmarg mean meadow of flowers. During spring and summer, different flowers like bluebells and daisies give a spectacular look to the valley. Gulmarg is a popular skiing destination in winters and is visited by skiers from around the world. Enjoy a delicious, hot lunch in the restaurant.
Places of visit
Once you reach the taxi stand in Gulmarg, you have to walk 1 km on n flat road to reach the boarding point of Gondola. You'll be approached by horsemen but horses are not required as you can easily walk up to the Gondola. At the Gangola pass counter, you will first have to take the boarding pass. Avoid agents offering you to buy the ticket for you. Guides are also not required here. If you are a group or one family then one person with identity proof can take the boarding pass while other members can continue in the queue.
In tourist seasons the waiting time will be one hour or more in the queue. Each car has two rows and total 6 members can be accommodated in one car.
Cable care will take around 15 minutes to reach the phase-1 from the starting point. The section 1 or Phase 1 will take you to Kangdoor at a height of 3050 m. Phase-2 will take you to Aparwath, here you find snow almost throughout the year.
Gulmarg Golf Course
The Gulmarg golf course is the highest golf ground in the world. The green-carpeted meadows offer a magnificent view and is considered as a Golfer’s paradise. Gulf club here was established in 1902 with Capt John Hills as first Honorary Secretary.
- Service of a professional driver
- Tour as per the itinerary
- Car and fuel charges
- Hotel pick-up and drop
Why book with TRODLY
- Best Price Guarantee
- Verified customer reviews that help you make the right decision.
- Qualified operators. All partner operators selected after rigorous system of checks.
- Free Cancellation on Most Trips
- Only Best Trips - Our team of travel experts bring uniquely local, safe, and exciting experiences to the community.
- 100% Secured Payments
Get trip inspirations, offers and more.