Kedarkantha Trek (Ex. Dehradun)
Kedarkantha Trek is a classic winter trek. The trek provides a great opportunity for trekkers to see the scenic beauty and experience the life of remote villages of Garhwal Himalayas. Kedarkantha Trek lies in the Govind Wild life Sanctuary and National Park in Uttarkashi district of Uttarakhand. The drive to Sankri (base-camp of Kedarkantha trek) is one of the most picturesque drives in the Himalayas through Mussoorie, Barkot, Purola, Mori, Netwar, Motwat along the Tons River Kedarkantha trek is one the easiest treks in the Himalayas to enjoy thick snow cover. The Kedarkantha trek campsite is great for birding and surrounded by beautiful snow peaks.
- Destinations Covered during Kedarkantha Trek: Barkot, Sankri, Govind Wild life Sanctuary
- Trek Duration: 5 Days 4 Nights
Day 1: Dehradun to Sankri (6,450 ft).
Day 2: Sankri (6,450 ft) to Juda Ka Talab (9,100 ft).
Day 3: Juda Ka Talab (9,100ft) to Kedarkantha Base (10,600 ft).
Day 4: Kedarkantha Base (10,600 ft) to Kedarkantha Peak and back to Kedarkantha Base.
Day 5: Kedarkantha Base (10,600 ft) to Sankri and Drive to Dehradun.
Day 1: Drive from Dehradun to Sankri (6,450 ft, 8 hrs)
We will arrange the transport and they will meet you at Dehradun railway station to pick you for long but scenic drive Sankri via Mussoorie, Purola, Mori, Netwar along the Tons River. On arrival set out camp for overnight stay.
Day 2: Trek from Sankri to Juda Ka Talab (9,000 ft, 4 hrs)
After morning exercise we will have our breakfast and start the trek around 8 AM for our next camp Juda Ka Talab. We will camp beside the small pond surrounded by Pine and Oak trees. One can have beautiful views of snow clad peaks from Juda Ka Talab campsite.
Day 3: Trek from Juda Ka Talab to Kedarkantha Base (10,600 ft, 4 hrs)
Get up early morning to see the golden glow of snow clad peaks. Post breakfast start the trek to Kedarkantha Peak base which takes around 4 hrs to reach Kedarkantha Peak base. Enjoy hot lunch and explore the area.
Day 4: Trek from Kedarkantha Base to Kedarkantha Peak and back to Kedarkantha Base (12,500 ft, 7-8 hrs)
Today is a long day trek up to the summit of Kedarkantha peak, have your lunch with amazing views of snow clad peaks of Yamunotri and Gangotri ranges. After spending some quality time at the peak we trek back to nearby camping site at the Kedarkantha Base.
Day 5: Trek from Kedarkantha Base to Sankri (4-5 hrs)
Trek down from Kedarkantha Base to Sankri via Hargaon on well marked trail by stones. Trek down through thick forest of Pine and Maple trees and at some places you will have open views of beautiful Har Ki Dun valley. Drive back to Dehradun to catch your train to Delhi with kaleidoscopic memories of the Kedarkantha Trek
- One night Accommodation in Sankri on sharing basis.
- Meals while on trek (Veg) from day 1st dinner to day 5th lunch.
- All fees and Permit (for Indians).
- First aid medical kits.
- Qualified and experienced Trek Guide and support staff.
- Transport from Dehradun to Sankri and return.
Why book with TRODLY
- Best Price Guarantee
- Verified customer reviews that help you make the right decision.
- Qualified operators. All partner operators selected after rigorous system of checks.
- Free Cancellation on Most Trips
- Only Best Trips - Our team of travel experts bring uniquely local, safe, and exciting experiences to the community.
- 100% Secured Payments
- Up to 24 Days :- 95% of Trek/Tour cost will be refunded.
- Between 14-24 Day :- 70% of Trek/Tour cost will be refunded.
- Between 14-08 Days :- 50% of Trek/Tour cost will be refunded.
- Less than 7 Days :- No refund
Meet-up Information/Reporting Point
Get trip inspirations, offers and more.