Journey of Kovalam
Kovalam essentially means a ‘grove of coconut trees’. This idyllic village is most famous for its three pristine beaches with shallow waters - Lighthouse beach, Samudra beach and Hawah beach, which together form its majestic rocky crescent.
- Visit the famous pristine beaches of Kovalam.
- Visit the weaver's colony & understand the art of weaving
- Witness the fishing harbour
- Understand the local life of Kovalam
Drive to the village of Mukkola, get the feel of its typical Kerala fish and vegetable market lying ahead. Look out for some truly vast tuna, octopus or Kerimeen, Kerala fish specialities and observe a handful old men selling fresh mussels out of straw baskets in the alley leading down to it. Peep into Vizhinjum Harbour, one of the busiest fishing harbour of Trivandrum, with the sight of hundreds of fishing boats, women taking head loads off to local markets and fishermen gliding into the sea. Watch the day’s catch being brought in from the Seas. Take an opportunity to visit the Balaramapuram Handloom village, known as the core place for the unique production of traditional varieties of handloom textiles meant for clothing wearing style of Kerala, famous for its purity and simplicity. Learn about the skills of handloom weaving using silk and fine threads of gold and silver. In this village, they produce some of the most beautiful, elegant and exquisite sarees famous across the country.
- Report at the starting point of Kovalam at 7:00 am
- Meet your guide & start the tour after the briefing.
- Visit the village market & understand the local market.
- Proceed to Vizhinjum Harbour & witness the fresh catch.
- Visit Balaramapuram Handloom village.
- End the tour by 11:00 am
- Travel by air-conditioned vehicle
- English speaking guide for the tour
- Gratuities at the harbour & the weaving village
Meet-up Information/Reporting Point
₹ 1320 Per Person