Hampi 2 Day Sightseeing Tour from Bangalore
Visit Hampi from Bangalore and experience the charm of the place once ruled by the mighty Vijayanagar Empire. Hampi, the erstwhile capital from 14th to 16th century is a perfect destination to travel to from Bangalore for a 2-3 day period.
Hampi Tour from Bangalore Highlights:
- Visit the historical 'Group of Monuments at Hampi' a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
- Take a tour of a mesmerizing group of temples and ruins spread over Hampi.
- Explore South India’s artistic and cultural heritage as you visit some of the greatest historical gems
- Experience the charm of the Hampi attractions once inhabited by the Kings and Queens of the Vijayanagara Empire.
- With a convenient pick-up and drop-off, travel from Bengaluru to Hampi in most convenient way possible.
Hampi Sightseeing Tour from Bangalore Overview
Hampi is located in the east-central part of the South Indian state of Karnataka. It was the centre of the Vijayanagara Empire from 14th to 16th century AD. Hampi was the world's second largest medieval-era city after Beijing by the year of 1500 CE, and probably India's richest city. Hampi, once the center of a flourishing empire is now dotted by ruins of temples, palaces and other structures. Hampi lies on the banks of the Tungabhadra River and has good connectivity from Goa, Secundrabad, and Bangalore.
There is no railway station in Hampi. Although there are plenty of guest house, homestay and budget hotels, premium and luxury stay options are limited. Hospet a nearby town 13 kilometers from Hampi has more accommodation options. Hyatt Place Hampi is 27 Km from Hampi.
Places to visit in Hampi include the Virupaksha Temple, Hampi Bazaar
Hampi is a great destination to spend time exploring and discovering the rich, vibrant history and culture of the region. You can shop around for souvenirs from road side shops. In terms of food, Hampi is a great location. Thanks to a great numer of foreign tourists visiting this place, you get best flavors of world cosines here. The cafes and restaurants on the 'other side of river' are especially good.
This is a perfect package for a 2 day road trip to Hampi from Bangalore.
Hampi Tour from Bangalore Suggested Itinerary
- Driver will pick you up from your hotel/residence at the specified time in Bangalore.
- After pick-up, we start our journey from Bangalore to Hampi, it would take about 8 hours inclusive of your refreshment breaks to reach Hampi. Bangalore to Hampi distance is 349 km and the highway till Chitradurga on the route is very good.
- On reaching Hampi you can first check-in at your hotel or accommodation. After freshening-up we can behin the Hampi sightseeing tour.
- The following suggested places will be covered on your arrival in Hampi:
- Virupaksha Temple - The most famous temple in Hampi
- Hemakuta Hill Temple Complex
- Kadalekalu Ganesha
- Hampi Bazaar - a vibrant place filled with stalls of clothes and antiques.
- Monolithic Ugra Narasimha Statue - Although partly destroyed by invaders, still a must see attraction
- Tungabhadra River Ghat - You take ferry from here to go to other side of the river.
- Sasivekalu Ganesha Temple
- On completion of your first-day tour, you will be dropped at your hotel Hampi (booked by you).
- You can start your day as per your convinience. Early start to the day is recommended.
- Following places in Hampi can be covered today depennding upon time on your hand.
- Stepped Tank/Royal Enclosure
- Mahanavami Dibba
- Elephant Stables - Indo-Islamic style structure used as the stables for the royal elephants
- Lotus Mahal - Beautiful monument with tranquil gardens, arches & elaborate carvings.
- Zanana Enclosure - a walled compound reserved for the royal women
- Hazara Rama Temple - situated close to Zenana Enclosure & Lotus Mahal
- Vithala Temple Complex - Location of the famous landmark of Hampi, the Stone Chariot
- Monolith Bull/Queen's Bath
- Archaeological Museum - Near Vithala Temple Complex
- Achyutaraya Temple - temple ruins withornamental detailed carvings & sculpted pillars
- You can have your lunch in Hampi or at a restaurant on your way back.
- After the completion of your tour of Hampi, you will be dropped back at your hotel in Bangalore.
- This is not a guided tour, the driver will not be the guide for the tour.
- This is an outstation tour hence the vehicle can not be used for the local (Bangalore)city tour.
- Bangalore Hotel or Residence Pick-up & Drop-off
- Service of a Professional Chauffeur
- Transportation by Air-Condition private vehicles (Sedan Car or SUV as chosen)
- Fuel and Cab charges
- Usage of vehicle for 850 Kms (Extra kilometre charges will be applicable after the limit, please refer Important Information Section for details)
Why book with TRODLY
- Best Price Guarantee
- Verified customer reviews that help you make the right decision.
- Qualified operators. All partner operators selected after rigorous system of checks.
- Free Cancellation on Most Trips
- Only Best Trips - Our team of travel experts bring uniquely local, safe, and exciting experiences to the community.
- 100% Secured Payments
- Full refund if cancelled before* 3 days
- No refund after that
*Advance payment is non-refundable
Meet-up Information/Reporting Point
₹ 12950 Per Vehicle
Get trip inspirations, offers and more.