Rajmachi And Kondana Caves Trek
Trek to the historical fort of Rajmachi fort and then to the Kondana caves, a group has 16 Buddhist caves excavated in the first-century B.C.
- Soak the greenery and enjoy breathtaking views from the top.
- Witness a mesmerizing sunset.
- Visit the major attractions like Shrivardhan fort, Manaranjan fort, Kondana caves, an ancient Shiva temple, Udaysagar Lake, waterfalls during the trek.
- Delicious homemade food.
Rajmachi Fort overlooks Bor Ghat (ghat between Khandala and Khopoli), which was once a very important trade route. Shrivardhan Fort and Manaranjan Fort are its major attractions, luring numerous trekking enthusiasts all year round.
There are 16 Buddhist caves located on the western slope of Rajmachi plateau known as Kondana Caves, dating back to the 1st century BC. The beautiful sculptures and carvings inside the caves show ancient Buddhist type of architecture & worth exploring. During the rainy season, many beautiful waterfalls originate above caves which are amazing!
Day 1: Start from Lonavala
- At 09:00 am you will be meeting our hosts at Lonavala railway station.
- After you have met our hosts, at 09:15 am you may have your breakfast at Lonavala.
- At 10:00 am you will be going to Fanasrai village by a local transport.
- At 11:00 am, after introduction & briefing you will start your trek towards Rajmachi, you would be covering a distance of 12 km which would take you about 3 hours.
- Meanwhile, you will be having a lunch break at 13:00 pm.
- At 14:00 pm you will reach a village and you may rest for sometime.
- Around 17:00 pm you will start trekking to Shreevardhan fort. Upon arrival, you will be witnessing stunning sunsets and other mesmerizing views.
- At 19:00 pm you will be coming back to the village
- You will be served delicious local cuisine as your dinner at 20:00 pm
- At 21:00 pm you may take a walk in the serene location.
- Later at around 22:00 pm you may have some fun time with your fellow campers.
Day 2: Kondana cave exploration and return journey to home
- Next day at 06:00 am you will have a wake-up call & you may freshen up.
- At around 06:30 am you will be trekking to Manaranjan fort.
- At 09:00 am you will be coming back to the base village and have a warm breakfast served.
- Post breakfast at around 10:00 am you will start to descend back to Karjat region.
- At 12:00 am you will be exploring the Kondana caves and waterfalls.
- At 13:00 am you will reach the Kondana village.
- You will have your lunch at the Kondana village at 13:30 pm.
- At around you will be travelling to15:30 pm Karjat Station.
- You will arrive at the Karjat Station at 16:30 pm you may take the next available train to Mumbai
- At 18:00 pm you will be reaching Mumbai.
- Transfer by local jeep from Lonavala to Fanasrai village & also from Kondana village to Karjat.
- Breakfast, lunch & dinner on day-1.
- Breakfast & lunch on day-2.
- Tea and Refreshments.
- Guide & expertise charges.
Why book with TRODLY
- Best Price Guarantee
- Verified customer reviews that help you make the right decision.
- Qualified operators. All partner operators selected after rigorous system of checks.
- Free Cancellation on Most Trips
- Only Best Trips - Our team of travel experts bring uniquely local, safe, and exciting experiences to the community.
- 100% Secured Payments
- Please carry your valid photo identity proof.
- Do not wear precious jewelry while trekking, as we won’t be responsible for any losses for the same.
- Consuming liquor or any kind of Alcoholic substance is prohibited. Carrying any kind of substance that’s illegal is not allowed. Smoking is strictly not allowed. Anybody found smoking or consuming alcoholic drinks will be expelled from the event without refund.
- Please do not litter while you are on this trek. One is expected to deposit all wrappers/empty water bottles etc. in his/her own bag.
Meet-up Information/Reporting Point
Lonavala Railway Station
₹ 1600 Per Person