Imagine yourself in the middle of dark jungles, finding routes, viewing valleys and crossing ghats, sound adventurous?? You will be doing all this at Andharban - the dark forest trek.
Day Trek To Andharban
- A beautiful trek in Dark and evergreen forest in Tamhini Ghat.
- Walk through dense and dark jungles to witness the beautiful views of Bhira dam
- Enjoy crossing the natural streams on the way.
Andharban, by its name, means a dark dense forest. It is a gradual descend trek, where you are already on height and you will descend till end. It is one of the most beautiful treks and lots of things to explore. We will be walking on a ridge offering an awesome view of the Kundalika Valley, Bhira dam and the mountain ranges of Tamhinighat. Evergreen forest covers you with shade in the first half of the trek (6-8 km). The trek further descends down in Konkan to reach Bhira (4 km). The same valley where is the origin of the Kundalika river famous for its white water river rafting.
Day 1: Overnight journey to Pimpri village.
- You are requested to report at Chitra Cinema Dadar (East) by 11:00 pm which is the first pick up point and meet the host of the tour here.
- Start the journey from Dadar and K Star Mall, Chembur is another pickup point where you can join the group.
- Take an overnight journey to Pimpri village, which is the base village for the trek.
Day 2: Trek to Andharban and visit Bhira dam and journey back to Mumbai.
- Reach the village and freshen up to have breakfast by early morning.
- After a quick introduction by the guide, start the trek to Andharban.
- Hike from Pimpri dam to explore the wilderness of Andharban and en route you can have the lunch which is self carried.
- Reach Bhira dam which is the end point of Andharban trail and relaxes for an hour.
- You will have enough time to explore the dam and you can take as many pictures as you want.
- By 4:00 pm, start the journey back to Mumbai and you are expected to reach Mumbai by 8:00 pm approximately.
- You will be dropped at the starting point to end the tour.
- Travel from Dadar and back to Dadar.
- Veg Breakfast and Tea
- SErvice of a knowledgeable guide
- Trekkers should carry packed lunch for this Trek
Why book with TRODLY
- Best Price Guarantee
- Verified customer reviews that help you make the right decision.
- Qualified operators. All partner operators selected after rigorous system of checks.
- Free Cancellation on Most Trips
- Only Best Trips - Our team of travel experts bring uniquely local, safe, and exciting experiences to the community.
- 100% Secured Payments
- Smoking and drinking alcohol is strictly prohibited.
- Trek leader’s decision will be final and binding.
- TreksandTrails reserves all the right to change/deviate/cancel the plans without prior notice.
- Telephonic confirmation is mandatory, if unable to contact us, please send us a text message.
- Sleeveless, low neck, shirts/tops, short pants, hot pants not allowed.
- Please do not carry handbags or jolas or sling bags.
Things to carry for Andharban Trek.
- Lunch for the day.
- Identity proof (must). Some ready to eat food. Plum cakes, Biscuits etc. A bottle of water (at least 2 Litres) Compulsory. TORCH with extra batteries, Cap, etc.
- Medicine those if you require usually (Optional). Wear a good trekking shoe. A haversack to put in all the things to be carried, so that one has ones hands free while trekking.
- Please avoid wearing Gold and other ornaments. Rains are expected, so pack your bags accordingly to save them from getting wet. Double pack your valuables in plastic bags.
Meet-up Information/Reporting Point
- Chitra Cinema, Doctor Baba Saheb Ambedkar Road, Dadar East, Dadar, Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
- The local person's contact details will be shared in the booking voucher which is sent via email.
Similar Exciting Activities
Get trip inspirations, offers and more.