Andharban, by its name means a dark dense forest. It is a gradual descend trek, where you are already on height and you will descend till end. It is one of the most beautiful trek and lots of things to explore. We will be walking on a ridge offering an awesome view of the Kundalika Valley, Bhira dam and the mountain ranges of Tamhinighat. Evergreen forest covers you with shade in the first half of the trek (6-8 kms).The trek further descends down in Konkan to reach Bhira (4 kms).The same valley where is the origin of the Kundalika river famous for its white water river rafting.
Day Trek To Andharban
1 Nights/1 Day
5 to 15 people
English, Hindi, Marathi
- One of the most beautiful treks in Sahyadris.
Pickup from Chembur – Sion Highway after bridge - Vashi – Nerul – Kalamboli
Reach Tamhini village and rest in bus till 06.00 am (Morning bus pickup Sunday.)
06.00 Wakeup call
08.00 Start trek towards Andharban
13.00 Lunch Break
14:00 Start descend towards Bhira Dam
15:30 Bhira Dam
17:00 Evening refreshments
18:00 Departure to Mumbai
22:00 Reaching Mumbai tentatively
- Travel from Dadar and back to Dadar.
- 1 Veg Breakfast and Tea + Evening tea.
- Trekkers should carry packed Lunch for this Trek
- Mineral Water, Beverages
- Please carry lunch for the day
- All kinds of Extra Meals / soft drinks ordered
- Insurance, tips, Porters
- Any kind of personal expenses
- Any kind of cost which is not mentioned in the cost includes above
- All expenses incurred due to unforeseen and unavoidable circumstances like road blocks, bad weather
- Smoking and drinking alcohol is strictly prohibited.
- Trek leader’s decision will be final and binding.
- TreksandTrails reserves all the right to change/deviate/cancel the plans without prior notice.
- Telephonic confirmation is mandatory, if unable to contact us, please send us a text message.
- Sleeveless, low neck, figure hugging shirts/tops, short pants, hot pants not allowed.
- Please do not carry handbags or jolas or sling bags.
Things to carry for Andharban Trek.
- Lunch for the day.
- Identity proof (must). Some ready to eat food. Plum cakes, Biscuits etc. A bottle of water (at least 2 Litres) Compulsory. TORCH with extra batteries, Cap, etc.
- Medicine those if you require usually (Optional). Wear a good trekking shoe. A haversack to put in all the things to be carried, so that one has ones hands free while trekking.
- Please avoid wearing Gold and other ornaments. Rains are expected, so pack your bags accordingly to save them from getting wet. Double pack your valuables in plastic bags.
- 50% refund if cancellation is made more than 30 days and less than 45 days prior to the departure date of the event.
- 25% refund if cancellation is made more than 15 days and less than 30 days prior to the departure date of the event.
- NO refund will be made if cancellation is made within 15 days prior to the departure date of the event.