Deep Ravines And Cliffs Trek Of Vikatgad Fort
Trek along the deep ravines and cliffs to Vikatgad. Previously used as a storehouse for storing food grains and ammunition, the fort is now an attraction for day trekkers.
- Vikatgad has some dramatically sloping sides that are covered in the grass during the monsoon season.
- Charming little trails lead up to these slopes, into the misty summit.
- From the top, you can see far into the distance on a clear day.
Vikatgad is a small fort near the ranges of Matheran on the northeast side of Panvel at a distance of 3-4 km on the west side of Neral. It is also known as Peb fort and has an elevation of 2100 ft. Nakhind, Chanderi, Mahasmal, and Prabalgad all can be seen from the Vikatgad fort. Vikatgad has some dramatically sloping sides that are covered in the grass during the monsoon season. Charming little trails lead up these slopes, into the misty summit, offering views of the rain clouds coming in from all sides. From the top, you can see far into the distance on a clear day. There are some fairly big streams and pools on your way to the top, so be prepared to get your shoes wet. It is one of the favourite destinations for one day trekkers, the forest dept. and local villagers are doing plantation and some restoration works on the fort.
- At around 6:10 am you will be boarding Karjat fast local train starting from Chattrapati Shivaji Terminus. You can also board the same from Dadar at 6:24 am, Thane at 6:49 am and Kalyan at 7:13 am
- At 8:00 am you will be reaching Neral Railway Station, this will be the final meeting point.
- At around 8:15 am you will be served a warm breakfast.
- After the introduction and briefing session, you will start trekking towards Vikatgad (Peb fort) at 8:30 am
- You will reach Vikatgad fort at 12:00 pm. You may now explore, have a few photo sessions.
- Post which lunch will be served.
- At 14:00 pm you will be leaving for Matheran
- At around 16:00 pm you will be reaching Matheran and then proceed towards Dasturi Naka.
- You will be taking a cab to Neral station at 17:00 pm.
- At 18:00 pm you will reach Neral station and have some snacks and take the next available train to Mumbai.
- It would take you two hours to reach Mumbai.
- Breakfast, lunch, refreshments/snacks.
- Taxi charges from Dasturi Naka to Neral.
- Administration and guide charges.
Why book with TRODLY
- Best Price Guarantee
- Verified customer reviews that help you make the right decision.
- Qualified operators. All partner operators selected after rigorous system of checks.
- Free Cancellation on Most Trips
- Only Best Trips - Our team of travel experts bring uniquely local, safe, and exciting experiences to the community.
- 100% Secured Payments
Meet-up Information/Reporting Point
₹ 625 Per Person
Get trip inspirations, offers and more.