Walking Tour Of Palace And Temples Of Pune
This guided tour will take you through the iconic monuments of Pune and also will show you the spiritual side of the city of Pune.
- A guided tour which would give in-depth knowledge about Pune.
- Visit the famous Aga Khan Palace, Dargah at Khedshivapur, Dutt Mandir and Balaji Mandir.
- Witness the mystery of a levitating stone associated with the 700-year-old Dargah.
- Visit the Balaji Mandir of Pune, a replica of the temple of Tirupati in South India.
Pune is a city in the western state of Maharastra, once the base of the Peshwas of the Maratha Empire which lasted from 1674 to 1818, is now a beautiful metropolitan city. It is the second most populous city in Maharastra. It is famous for the Aga Khan Palace, built in the year of 1892 and now a memorial to Mahatma Gandhi.
- Our hosts will meet you at your hotel/residence in Pune.
- Your tour will commence at the Aga Khan Palace at 10:00 am.
- The Aga Khan Palace is a national monument of India’s freedom movement. Built-in 1892 by Imam Sultan Muhammad Shah Aga Khan III, the Palace witnessed some remarkable events that define India’s freedom movement against the British.
- At noon you will be visiting the Dargah at Khedshivapur, this a 700-year-old Dargah (mosque) at Khedshivapur.
- It is beautifully built with white Makrana marble with text from the Holy Quran. This dargah is associated with a mystery of a levitating stone.
- Legend has it that 11 people can place one finger each below the stone, shout the name of Hazarat Kamar Ali Darvesh and lift the stone. Up it goes, flying 10 to 11 feet into the air! Our host will tell you more about this during the visit.
- Post which at around 3:00 pm you will be visiting the Dutt Mandir at Narayanpur.
- An ancient temple of Lord Dattatreya. The unique feature of Narayanpur Datta Temple is that usually Lord Datta is depicted with three faces, however, in this Temple, he has a single face. The god is depicted with six arms holding Dhamaru (holy musical instrument), Shakha (conch), Chakra (a holy weapon), Rudraksha Mala, Kamandalu (holy pot), Kaumodaki Gada (mace) and one hand in Abhaya Mudra.
- Post lunch you will be visiting the famous Balaji temple at Narayanpur as the last destination in this Pune tour.
- It is a replica of the famous Balaji Temple of Tirupati in South India, which is India ’s, temple in terms of pilgrim footfalls.
- At 6:30 pm after the completion of your tour, you will be dropped back at your hotel.
- Service of an experienced guide.
- Pick and drop to hotel/residence.
- Entry charges to the monuments.
Why book with TRODLY
- Best Price Guarantee
- Verified customer reviews that help you make the right decision.
- Qualified operators. All partner operators selected after rigorous system of checks.
- Free Cancellation on Most Trips
- Only Best Trips - Our team of travel experts bring uniquely local, safe, and exciting experiences to the community.
- 100% Secured Payments
Meet-up Information/Reporting Point
₹ 4000 Per Person
Get trip inspirations, offers and more.