Ajanta & Ellora Caves Sightseeing 2 Day Tour via Aurangabad from Mumbai
Embark a journey to Ajanta and Ellora Caves on this two-day trip from Mumbai, explore the architectural masterpieces and also take a brief tour of Aurangabad. Avail 950 kilometres of usage of a private car.
- An ideal two-day outing to visit the mesmerizing UNESCO World Heritage sites namely Ajanta and Ellora Caves.
- Take a brief sightseeing tour of Aurangabad.
- Spend time and explore the gems of the Ajanta and Ellora Caves.
- Service of an experienced driver and a well-maintained car.
- Complimentary water botlles and newspapers.
Ajanta Caves are a group of 30 rock-cut Buddhist caves believed to be built during the period of 2nd century BCE to 480 CE. These caves are considered to be one of the finest pieces of ancient Indian architecture which include the paintings and rock-cut sculptures. These caves were declared as the UNESCO World Heritage site in the year of 1983.
Ellora caves, located in the Aurangabad district of Maharashtra are one of the largest rock-cut monastery-temple cave complexes in the world. These are considered as a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Ellora caves feature Buddhist, Hindu and Jain monuments, and artwork, dating from the 600-1000 CE period.
Aurangabad is a city in Maharashtra and is one of the major tourist hubs and is the home to the Bibi ka Maqbara also known as the 'Mini Taj Mahal'. This city was founded in the year of Malik Ambar in the year of 1610 AD. Aurangabad has a semi-arid climate.
Day 1: Mumbai - Aurangabad- Aurangabad Local Sightseeing
- Your tour will begin with an early morning pick-up from your hotel/residence in Mumbai city limits.
- Post which you will be driven to Aurangabad which will be a 7-hour drive and you will be covering about 330 kilometres.
- After your arrival in Aurangabad, you may check-in to your hotel and relax for a while.
- After you are ready for a brief tour of Aurangabad, you may choose to visit the following suggested places:
- Bibi Ka Maqbara: A Mughal mausoleum built in the mid-1600s using white marble. This complex has a garden, fountains & intricate carvings.
- Salim Ali Lake: Located on the northern part of the city Salim Ali Lake is named after the naturalist Salim Ali and also known as Birdman of India.
- Himayat Bagh: This is a 17th-century garden that now houses the Fruit Research Station and Nursery.
- Soneri Mahal: Soneri Mahal was built between 1651 AD and 1653 AD by a Bandalkand chief who accompanied Aurangzeb into the Dakhan.
- Post completion of your Aurangabad local sightseeing you will be dropped back at your hotel/residence in Aurangabad.
Day 2: Aurangabad - Ajanta Caves - Ellora Caves - Mumbai
- On the second day, your tour will begin with a pick up from your hotel in Aurangabad, we suggest to begin the tour early in the morning so that you can spend more time at the caves.
- Your first stop will be the Ajanta Caves, these caves are about 100 kilometres from Aurangabad and will take you about 3 hours to reach.
- Upon arrival you may explore the region which is dotted with 30 ancient rock-cut caves, you will witness paintings, sculptors which are carved in rock and also several prayer halls.
- It usually takes about 3 hours to complete the tour of the caves.
- After the Ajanta Caves tour, you may proceed to the Ellora Caves which are about 100 kilometres from Ajanta and takes about 3 hours to reach.
- Upon arrival you may begin with the exploration, you will find Hindu, Buddhist and Jain monuments here and one of the most iconic among all is the Kailasanatha Temple, which is built upside down by excavating a rock.
- After the completion of the tour, you will be driven to Mumbai and be dropped at your hotel/residence in city limits.
Please note: Ajanta caves remain closed on every Monday and Ellora caves remain closed on every Tuesday as weekly holiday. Please plan your trip accordingly.
- Hotel pick-up and Drop (within Mumbai city limits).
- Charges for the Private Air-conditioned Vehicle.
- Driver and fuel charges.
- Sightseeing in Aurangabad.
- Usage of the vehicle for 950 kilometres as per itinerary.
- Complimentary water botlles and newspapers.
- Airport pick-up or drop.
- All parking & toll charges.
- Monument entrance charges.
- Any meal or beverage.
- Anything else not specified in the inclusions above.
Why book with TRODLY
- Best Price Guarantee
- Verified customer reviews that help you make the right decision.
- Qualified operators. All partner operators selected after rigorous system of checks.
- Free Cancellation on Most Trips
- Only Best Trips - Our team of travel experts bring uniquely local, safe, and exciting experiences to the community.
- 100% Secured Payments
- This is a custom tour you may choose to skip or add places in Aurangabad city limits, however, the rest of the itinerary remains the same.
- Sedans (4-seater) models provided are Suzuki Dzire, Toyota Etios or similar.
- SUV (6-seater) models provided are Toyota Innova, Mahindra Xylo, Suzuki Ertiga or similar.
- Night charge of Rs. 300 is applicable if the cab service is used between 10:00 pm to 6:00 am.
- The tour has a kilometer limit of 950 kilometers.
- After 950 kilometers, additional per kilometer charge will be applicable (to be paid directly to the driver)
- For Sedan (4-seater) - Rs. 12 per km (additional kilometer charge)
- For SUV (6-seater) - Rs. 15 per km (additional kilometer charge)
- Additional charges to be directly payable to driver in cash.
- This is not a guided tour.
Meet-up Information/Reporting Point
- Hotel/Residence pick-up and drop (within city limits)
- The driver will pick you up directly from your hotel or specified pick up point. Please enter the full pick up address at the checkout page
- The driver and cab details will be shared with you 2 to 4 hours prior to the tour start time
₹ 14490 Per Vehicle
Similar Exciting Activities
Also viewed by other travellers
Get trip inspirations, offers and more.