Ajanta & Ellora Caves 2 Day Sightseeing Tour via Aurangabad from Mumbai
Embark on a journey to Ajanta and Ellora Caves on this two-day trip from Mumbai, explore the architectural masterpieces, and also take a brief tour of Aurangabad. Avail 950 kilometres of usage of a private car.
- An ideal two-day outing to visit the mesmerizing UNESCO World Heritage sites, namely Ajanta and Ellora Caves.
- Take a brief sightseeing tour of Aurangabad.
- Spend time and explore the gems of the Ajanta and Ellora Caves.
- Service of an experienced driver and a well-maintained car.
- Complimentary water bottles and newspapers.
Ajanta Caves are a group of 30 rock-cut Buddhist caves believed to have been built during the period of the 2nd century BCE to 480 CE. These caves are considered to be one of the finest pieces of ancient Indian architecture, which includes paintings and rock-cut sculptures. These caves were declared a UNESCO World Heritage Site in 1983.
Ellora Caves, located in the Aurangabad district of Maharashtra, are one of the largest rock-cut monastery-temple cave complexes in the world. These are considered UNESCO World Heritage Sites. Ellora caves feature Buddhist, Hindu, and Jain monuments and artwork dating from the 600–1000 CE period.
Aurangabad is a city in Maharashtra and is one of the major tourist hubs. It is also home to the Bibi ka Maqbara, also known as the 'Mini Taj Mahal'. This city was founded by Malik Ambar in the year 1610 AD. Aurangabad has a semi-arid climate.
Day 1: Mumbai -Aurganabad Local Sightseeing
- Your tour will begin with an early morning pick-up from your hotel/residence in Mumbai city limits.
- After which, you will be driven to Aurangabad, which will be a 7-hour drive, and you will be covering about 330 kilometres.
- After your arrival in Aurangabad, you may check in at your hotel and relax for a while.
- After you are ready for a brief tour of Aurangabad, you may choose to visit the following suggested places:
- Bibi Ka Maqbara: A Mughal mausoleum built in the mid-1600s using white marble. This complex has a garden, fountains, & intricate carvings.
- Salim Ali Lake: Located in the northern part of the city, Salim Ali Lake is named after the naturalist Salim Ali and is also known as the Birdman of India.
- Himayat Bagh: This is a 17th-century garden that now houses the Fruit Research Station and Nursery.
- Soneri Mahal: Soneri Mahal was built between 1651 AD and 1653 AD by a Bandalkand chief who accompanied Aurangzeb into the Dakhan.
- After the completion of your Aurangabad local sightseeing, you will be dropped back at your hotel/residence in Aurangabad.
Day 2: Aurangabad, Ajanta Caves, Ellora Caves and Mumbai
- On the second day, your tour will begin with a pick-up from your hotel in Aurangabad. We suggest beginning the tour early in the morning so that you can spend more time at the caves.
- Your first stop will be the Ajanta Caves. These caves are about 100 kilometres from Aurangabad and will take you about 3 hours to reach.
- Upon arrival, you may explore the region, which is dotted with 30 ancient rock-cut caves. You will witness paintings, sculptors carved in rock, and several prayer halls.
- It usually takes about 3 hours to complete the tour of the caves.
- After the Ajanta Caves tour, you may proceed to the Ellora Caves, which are about 100 kilometres from Ajanta and take about 3 hours to reach.
- Upon arrival, you may begin with the exploration. You will find Hindu, Buddhist, and Jain monuments here, and one of the most iconic among all is the Kailasanatha Temple, which is built upside down by excavating a rock.
- After the completion of the tour, you will be driven to Mumbai and dropped off at your hotel/residence within city limits.
Please note: Ajanta caves remain closed every Monday, and Ellora caves remain closed every Tuesday as a weekly holiday. Please plan your trip accordingly.
- Hotel pick-up and Drop (within Mumbai city limits).
- Charges for the Private Air-conditioned Vehicle.
- Driver and fuel charges.
- Sightseeing in Aurangabad.
- Usage of the vehicle for 950 kilometres as per itinerary.
Why book with TRODLY
- Best Price Guarantee
- Verified customer reviews that help you make the right decision.
- Qualified operators. All partner operators selected after rigorous system of checks.
- Free Cancellation on Most Trips
- Only Best Trips - Our team of travel experts bring uniquely local, safe, and exciting experiences to the community.
- 100% Secured Payments
Meet-up Information/Reporting Point
₹ 14640 Per Vehicle
Get trip inspirations, offers and more.